Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have not seen on this site the opinions of why the Pedal Commander is better than the Sprint Booster. Its all I hear about when throttle body enhancers are discussed. The Sprint Booster won the SEMA best new performance product back in 2010 - that is a big deal. The Pedal Commander is made in Turkey and is a knock off product. The Sprint Booster is smaller and seems easier to use - is one better than the other??

Check out this video - its pretty informative.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never understood those things. Just get a tune, you actually pick up real power, can adjust your throttle sensitivity, and have the best of both worlds for not much more.
Well as you can see my car has been tuned etc... but there still is a lag. Perhaps I need to get it tuned again and re-peg some throttle settings.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I know, just commenting on the video and subject matter.

Have you tried upping your throttle boost % up to 15-20%? Mine is too jumpy at 20% so I usually keep it at 10-15%. No lag, instant throttle response, pins you back when you nail it, etc.

Maybe your tune still has a lot of torque management built in? Are you running a canned Diablo tune or a custom tune from a tuner?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, just commenting on the video and subject matter.

Have you tried upping your throttle boost % up to 15-20%? Mine is too jumpy at 20% so I usually keep it at 10-15%. No lag, instant throttle response, pins you back when you nail it, etc.

Maybe your tune still has a lot of torque management built in? Are you running a canned Diablo tune or a custom tune from a tuner?
Both. The mechanic I purchased this from was doing a 426 build on it. So he had a Diablo tuner and it was also tuned at HHP. I have not taken this car yet to be dyno'd but I do need to so the tuning guys can get a grip on how its currently tuned in case something happens. Perhaps then I can have them do some torque management. Thanks for the feedback on what percentage you have found works - much appreciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other nice thing about the Sprint Booster V3 is it has 2 additional features - valet mode and pedal lock mode. So Valet mode under powers it (only allows x amount of hp) and the pedal lock mode - nothing happens when you hit the gas - it basically disables your pedal. Great for someone trying to steal your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pedal Commander = 2 year warrenty (30 day money back guarantee), made in Turkey, limited Bluetooth capability, no questioned asked when replacing unit within 2 years.

Sprint Booster = 30 day warrenty (no money back guarantee), made in Greece (not USA, just a USA company), more settings, spelling errors on their return policy.

Overall = Similar results for intended use and purpose.

2 year warrenty > 30 day year warrenty

Winner = Pedal Commander

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I installed PC on my 2015 RT plus back in December
Works great no issues, really like it set at
Sport +2 big difference from factory
15 minuet install

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pedal Commander = 2 year warrenty (30 day money back guarantee), made in Turkey, limited Bluetooth capability, no questioned asked when replacing unit within 2 years.

Sprint Booster = 30 day warrenty (no money back guarantee), made in Greece (not USA, just a USA company), more settings, spelling errors on their return policy.

Overall = Similar results for intended use and purpose.

2 year warrenty > 30 day year warrenty

Winner = Pedal Commander
Just curious where you got the info regarding warranty. Sprint Booster has a 30 day money back guarantee and a 3 year warranty against defects and malfunctions.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I never understood those things. Just get a tune, you actually pick up real power, can adjust your throttle sensitivity, and have the best of both worlds for not much more.
i get your argument, but some of us want our powertrain warranty to remain intact.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Besides, even with a tune, you can't adjust the throttle sensitivity on the fly! :) I have full tuning capabilities on my other car and have even adjusted the throttle sensitivity in the tune, but like I said, I can't change it on the fly, whenever I want. I have to connect a tuning device and update the tune via a laptop each and every time I want to adjust it. There is a more to a car than all out performance (otherwise throttle would simply be "off" and "on"). :) These devices will simply let you alter the "feel" of the throttle. You want want one sensitivity if in traffic, another if cruising on the highway, another for "around town" driving, etc, etc, etc... Not to mention the whole warranty thing, which is huge...

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
on the subject... I do like both of these units. I have also used both of these units in the past. For the most part they both do exactly the same thing and although the pedal commander has more adjustments, they really aren't necessary as the sprint covers more than enough, being able to change is an extra percentage per level is barely if at all noticeable in the majority of cases. I have made the decision to run a sprint booster on the challenger rather than the pedal commander solely around the fact that it will run perfectly without the need for the remote. You can set it up, unplug the remote for it and it will just work as if it were stock and has an extremely small footprint. The pedal commander has the "box" controller which takes up more real estate than I'm willing to give. Also if you decide to run the sprint booster remote it is the size of your thumb not the size of your wallet like the pedal commander.

Either way you go, between these 2 items, you are getting a quality piece. I prefer the sprint booster, however its really convenient to add the pedal commander to my cart on amazon and get it in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yeah, I'm still trying to decide which one to get myself - the Pedal Commander or the Sprint Booster. I was just going to ask if anyone had both... I'll have to look into Sprint Booster a little more. Like you, I'd rather not have a big box to "mount" somewhere - although, I guess you could "hide" the pedal commander box and just use your phone to change modes via bluetooth (not sure if Sprint Booster has bluetooth capabilities or not).

Those inexpensive no-name chinese versions are tempting due to price, but I think I'd rather spend a little more for a little better quality for something that goes in-line with my gas pedal. :) It's a one-time cost that will be used for years, so cost isn't that big of a deal over the longterm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I'm still trying to decide which one to get myself - the Pedal Commander or the Sprint Booster. I was just going to ask if anyone had both... I'll have to look into Sprint Booster a little more. Like you, I'd rather not have a big box to "mount" somewhere - although, I guess you could "hide" the pedal commander box and just use your phone to change modes via bluetooth (not sure if Sprint Booster has bluetooth capabilities or not).
Sprint Booster does not have bluetooth. The 2 options I like on it are the Valet mode and theft prevention mode. Valet limits throttle and theft disables throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Have had my PC since December no issues love it!!!
I have the blue tooth on the phone also mounted the small control box
BBB676C8-A996-44B7-9DE0-8D7D4B5D2F14.jpeg

·
Registered
243 Posts

Those inexpensive no-name chinese versions are tempting due to price, but I think I'd rather spend a little more for a little better quality for something that goes in-line with my gas pedal. :) It's a one-time cost that will be used for years, so cost isn't that big of a deal over the longterm.
yeah the bluetooth is a little spotty anyways so having it accessible would help, but once you dial it in, you likely wont change it much. Mounting the pedal commander makes me cringe. Its such an eyesore.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
If you look inside my car most would not even see it ,but like all other mods everything is a matter
of personal taste

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,197 Posts
I just got the Sprint Booster solely for the valet mode, and it works great! Removing the controller hides the fact that's it's even installed. The employees at the stealership are going somewhat unhappy the next time I have to bring it in for whatever reason...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 charger v6. I bought the sprint booster to help with the lag when you hit the gas. If the car is in moving and I hit the gas it works great. If I’m at a dead stop and hit the gas, it still has the lag. Anybody have the same experience?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts