Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have not seen on this site the opinions of why the Pedal Commander is better than the Sprint Booster. Its all I hear about when throttle body enhancers are discussed. The Sprint Booster won the SEMA best new performance product back in 2010 - that is a big deal. The Pedal Commander is made in Turkey and is a knock off product. The Sprint Booster is smaller and seems easier to use - is one better than the other??

Check out this video - its pretty informative.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never understood those things. Just get a tune, you actually pick up real power, can adjust your throttle sensitivity, and have the best of both worlds for not much more.
Well as you can see my car has been tuned etc... but there still is a lag. Perhaps I need to get it tuned again and re-peg some throttle settings.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I know, just commenting on the video and subject matter.

Have you tried upping your throttle boost % up to 15-20%? Mine is too jumpy at 20% so I usually keep it at 10-15%. No lag, instant throttle response, pins you back when you nail it, etc.

Maybe your tune still has a lot of torque management built in? Are you running a canned Diablo tune or a custom tune from a tuner?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, just commenting on the video and subject matter.

Have you tried upping your throttle boost % up to 15-20%? Mine is too jumpy at 20% so I usually keep it at 10-15%. No lag, instant throttle response, pins you back when you nail it, etc.

Maybe your tune still has a lot of torque management built in? Are you running a canned Diablo tune or a custom tune from a tuner?
Both. The mechanic I purchased this from was doing a 426 build on it. So he had a Diablo tuner and it was also tuned at HHP. I have not taken this car yet to be dyno'd but I do need to so the tuning guys can get a grip on how its currently tuned in case something happens. Perhaps then I can have them do some torque management. Thanks for the feedback on what percentage you have found works - much appreciated.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other nice thing about the Sprint Booster V3 is it has 2 additional features - valet mode and pedal lock mode. So Valet mode under powers it (only allows x amount of hp) and the pedal lock mode - nothing happens when you hit the gas - it basically disables your pedal. Great for someone trying to steal your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pedal Commander = 2 year warrenty (30 day money back guarantee), made in Turkey, limited Bluetooth capability, no questioned asked when replacing unit within 2 years.

Sprint Booster = 30 day warrenty (no money back guarantee), made in Greece (not USA, just a USA company), more settings, spelling errors on their return policy.

Overall = Similar results for intended use and purpose.

2 year warrenty > 30 day year warrenty

Winner = Pedal Commander

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
I installed PC on my 2015 RT plus back in December
Works great no issues, really like it set at
Sport +2 big difference from factory
15 minuet install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Beachlovers2
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing