Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a 2016 charger v6. I bought the sprint booster to help with the lag when you hit the gas. If the car is in moving and I hit the gas it works great. If I’m at a dead stop and hit the gas, it still has the lag. Anybody have the same experience?
there are more things that give the impression of lag other than the signal in the pedal. From a dead stock you have to flash the convertor THEN transfer power through the drive-train to the wheels. No matter what you do to the pedal signal, you still have other things happening before the car starts moving. The only way you'll ever get instantaneous is with something electric.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know I know this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have not seen on this site the opinions of why the Pedal Commander is better than the Sprint Booster. Its all I hear about when throttle body enhancers are discussed. The Sprint Booster won the SEMA best new performance product back in 2010 - that is a big deal. The Pedal Commander is made in Turkey and is a knock off product. The Sprint Booster is smaller and seems easier to use - is one better than the other??

Check out this video - its pretty informative.
I went with the Sprint Booster V3, Installed it under the Steering Column and leave it in Race Mode 9 all the time. I liked the smaller control knob, easy to hide. Love it !!!, takes away the pedal lag

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,169 Posts
Reasons why the Sprint Booster is better; it's smaller, it has valet modes and it has a no one is driving my ride anywhere mode...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
Reasons why the Sprint Booster is better; it's smaller, it has valet modes and it has a no one is driving my ride anywhere mode...
Oh the Valet mode is very appealing to me. Something I wish I can enable with HP tuners or Tazer. Since installing the supercharger and cam I dread taking the car in for alignment as I am pretty sure the techs will push it to the limit when the do a "test drive". I got to look into sprint booster.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went with the Sprint Booster V3, Installed it under the Steering Column and leave it in Race Mode 9 all the time. I liked the smaller control knob, easy to hide. Love it !!!, takes away the pedal lag
i couldn't agree more.. mine is coming, just have more that $300 needs to go towards before I make that purchase. Cant do everything at once so I have to prioritize my mods..LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just to muddy the waters even more...

I wound up with the SEC10 Throttle controller. Mainly because I wanted a smaller, more discrete control head than the Pedal Commander. SEC10 just has a little button that lights up indicating which mode is selected. Mine is under the steering column:

It has several “levels” of boost - I leave it set on the “max”. It just makes the throttle feel like it should have felt from the factory (IMO) - nothing too dramatic or touchy or anything. It also has a “valet” mode. I have no clue where it was made or what the warranty is. I’ve never driven with a Pedal Commander so I can’t compare.

What I really wanted was K&N’s version - because their control knob could be mounted to look completely factory and discrete. I found online reviews for it but was unable to actually find it for sale for our cars (but was for every other car out there 😕).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just to muddy the waters even more...

I wound up with the SEC10 Throttle controller. Mainly because I wanted a smaller, more discrete control head than the Pedal Commander. SEC10 just has a little button that lights up indicating which mode is selected. Mine is under the steering column:

View attachment 984379

It has several “levels” of boost - I leave it set on the “max”. It just makes the throttle feel like it should have felt from the factory (IMO) - nothing too dramatic or touchy or anything. It also has a “valet” mode. I have no clue where it was made or what the warranty is. I’ve never driven with a Pedal Commander so I can’t compare.

What I really wanted was K&N’s version - because their control knob could be mounted to look completely factory and discrete. I found online reviews for it but was unable to actually find it for sale for our cars (but was for every other car out there 😕).

View attachment 984381
while I get your reasoning for the k&n piece (same reason I like the sprint booster, super discrete control for it) i have to argue about it looking factory..LOL nothing from the factory has ever had a knob like that sticking out of the dash. LOL discrete im on board with, but factory looking it is not. I still sat the reasoning behind the sprint booster is you can disconnect the control once you set it and it would be 100% stock looking as there is no need to have the control mounted anywhere.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess “discrete” is the word I was looking for. I wanted to mount the knob down low/out of sight under the dash/steering wheel off to one side. I just don’t like the idea of seeing any wires going to any of these units and it seems the K&N does a good job of eliminating that.

Funny thing is - I had the SEC10 in my “cart” on the Summit Racing website - I hadn’t really planned to buy it but was just doing this so I could find it later if I decided to go that route. I really wanted the K&N. My wife “snooped” on my cart on several websites and ended up buying me the SEC10 for Christmas. Soooo that’s the one I’ll use. I’m plenty happy with it once I found a place to mount the button out of the way.

Honestly, I never looked at (wasn’t aware of) the Sprint Booster or I might have wound up going that route too.

Oh, and for those that say “just get a tune” - while I understand the thought behind that, I’m wanting to ride a warranty for a while so I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize it just yet. I might very well ditch the throttle controller once I go that direction.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
In my case, I went with the Pedal Commander and part of the reason why is because it is bluetooth-connected, so size is a non-issue as mine will be installed where it's completely out of sight. I've also read so many good reviews of it.

To be perfectly honest, they probably all do almost the exact same thing (if I remember correctly, the PC and SB both even have the same number of "sensitivity" levels). I guess it boils down to what is more important to you - bluetooth functionality or valet/lock mode.

I've had mine since Christmas, but still haven't spent the 10 minutes to install the damn thing!! :) Will get to it this week some time though. Will definitely report back with my thoughts.

As mentioned, I plan to install it where it's completely out of sight and just change settings from my phone via the bluetooth interface (it's not like I'll be changing modes all of the time - once I find the mode I like best, it will stay in that mode 99% of the time anyway).

I'm weird when it comes to sticking non-stock items to my dash, etc, which is why I preferred the bluetooth option so that I can completely hide the pedal commander. I really have no need for a valet or "no go" mode.

It's nice to have options!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
In my case, I went with the Pedal Commander and part of the reason why is because it is bluetooth-connected, so size is a non-issue as mine will be installed where it's completely out of sight. I've also read so many good reviews of it.

To be perfectly honest, they probably all do almost the exact same thing (if I remember correctly, the PC and SB both even have the same number of "sensitivity" levels). I guess it boils down to what is more important to you - bluetooth functionality or valet/lock mode.

I've had mine since Christmas, but still haven't spent the 10 minutes to install the damn thing!! :) Will get to it this week some time though. Will definitely report back with my thoughts.

As mentioned, I plan to install it where it's completely out of sight and just change settings from my phone via the bluetooth interface (it's not like I'll be changing modes all of the time - once I find the mode I like best, it will stay in that mode 99% of the time anyway).

I'm weird when it comes to sticking non-stock items to my dash, etc, which is why I preferred the bluetooth option so that I can completely hide the pedal commander. I really have no need for a valet or "no go" mode.

It's nice to have options!
If you had a boosted ride you'd want the valet mode.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If you had a boosted ride you'd want the valet mode.
That's my point - it's great to have options because different people have different wants/needs.

I will say though - sometimes, "power limiters" worry me too. I'd be afraid that someone will think the car is going to really move when they push the pedal to pull out of their lot (or wherever) and when it doesn't move like expected, they may actually cause an accident that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Not to mention, idiots that do that kind of crap with other peoples cars can still do plenty of damage even with a power limiter! :)

For me, the number of times that someone else drives my car is so infrequent, that I wouldn't be very worried about it either way. I avoid dealerships like the plague and don't really go anywhere where someone else parks my car (or drives it for any reason).

Different strokes for different folks I guess. It's all good though!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I know I know this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have not seen on this site the opinions of why the Pedal Commander is better than the Sprint Booster. Its all I hear about when throttle body enhancers are discussed. The Sprint Booster won the SEMA best new performance product back in 2010 - that is a big deal. The Pedal Commander is made in Turkey and is a knock off product. The Sprint Booster is smaller and seems easier to use - is one better than the other??

Check out this video - its pretty informative.
I just have to say, that is the most ridiculous video I've ever seen. The guy never actually compares how well each item works - at all - just constantly makes up reasons to bash any and every other Sprint-Booster-like product - without ever actually using any of those other products. It's a perfect example of a "fanboy" video.

A few things (just off the top of my head after watching that joke of a video - I'm sure there are many items like this if I were to watch the video more closely):

1. Just because something is the first-to-market has absolutely no impact on whether or not it is "better" than similar products released afterwards. In fact, most products get "copied" and improved upon compared to the first-to-market product.
2. At one part he stresses how "dangerous" the ECO mode on Pedal Commander is because it reduces the responsiveness of the pedal, but then stresses how the "Valet" mode on Sprint Booster is so beneficial. So limiting power on Pedal Commander (via ECO mode) is "dangerous" and "a lie", but limiting power even more with Sprint Booster is a benefit? He obviously doesn't understand that ECO mode would be beneficial in a few scenarios - one of them being winter driving. I actually agree that limiting power too much can be dangerous, but the Sprint Booster does exactly that with Valet Mode. Pedal Commander at least lets you adjust the sensitivity in "ECO" mode, unlike "Valet" mode on the Sprint Booster.
3. He is big on "if the device is smaller, including thinner wiring, it has to be better". Huh? I'd argue that, if anything, the Sprint Booster is so damn small that it actually makes it harder to use because it's so tiny. He acts like Pedal Commander is this huge control panel that is so hard to use. It literally has the exact same number of buttons as the Sprint Booster - and the buttons do the exact same thing - yet somehow the Pedal Commander is hard to use and the Sprint Booster is so easy to use. :)
4. At one point he mentions how the Pedal Commander is basically a ripoff because they charge more than it costs to make them... :) Of course, he never mentions how much profit is made from each Sprint Booster in comparison.

I've never seen such a biased, ridiculous, fanboy'ish video in my life...

Just sayin'.... :)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Did not bother to watch the video, I have had the PC over a year. At first I was changing settings
But I have settled on one setting very rarely change it . ( sport + 2 )
Valet mode , that never happens do not do Valet
Size of the device my buddy has SB there is not much difference
I have no issues over a year after of having PC
90DA3D5E-2450-43EF-8E3E-D79B3504BB9C.jpeg

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I gotta say - I'm loving the pedal commander so far... Even in the City +1 mode, it just makes the throttle behave like you've always wanted it to. :) For me, it actually seems to make the initial pedal input smoother than stock (seems easier to "feather" the throttle without any "jerkiness" in those situations), while also making the car respond so much better when you do give it a little more "pedal input". Very nicely done. The car is just flat-out more responsive - and that is only in City +1! I can only imagine Sport+ +4! :) Now I'm sure that would make it WAY to "jerky".

At one point I went from City -2 to City +2. Then the first time I had to pull out in somewhat of a hurry, I was like HOLY SH1T! With only City +2!!!

Pretty awesome device.

One thing I wish they had with the bluetooth version - an Android-Auto compatible app! That would be awesome if you could bring up the app on the 8.4" screen and change modes right from the radio screen instead of having to do it from your phone, which is already connected to the radio. :)

RIght now, I have my controller in that little netting on the drivers side of the console - and it's not bad there) - but now that I know that the Android app works fine via bluetooth, I'm eventually going to completely hide the controller underneath that fabric panel you have to remove when you install the device. Completely out-of-sight...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Damn - I sent the Pedal Commander people some feedback about making their app Android-Auto compatible and within an hour or two, they responded with this:

Code:
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on more research and development to have Andriod-Auto available for our users. We will have our social media updated once we have it available!

-Brianna
Pretty damn responsive. Obviously, I'm not the only one that has requested such functionality. :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I gotta say - I'm loving the pedal commander so far... Even in the City +1 mode, it just makes the throttle behave like you've always wanted it to. :) For me, it actually seems to make the initial pedal input smoother than stock (seems easier to "feather" the throttle without any "jerkiness" in those situations), while also making the car respond so much better when you do give it a little more "pedal input". Very nicely done. The car is just flat-out more responsive - and that is only in City +1! I can only imagine Sport+ +4! :) Now I'm sure that would make it WAY to "jerky".

At one point I went from City -2 to City +2. Then the first time I had to pull out in somewhat of a hurry, I was like HOLY SH1T! With only City +2!!!

Pretty awesome device.

One thing I wish they had with the bluetooth version - an Android-Auto compatible app! That would be awesome if you could bring up the app on the 8.4" screen and change modes right from the radio screen instead of having to do it from your phone, which is already connected to the radio. :)

RIght now, I have my controller in that little netting on the drivers side of the console - and it's not bad there) - but now that I know that the Android app works fine via bluetooth, I'm eventually going to completely hide the controller underneath that fabric panel you have to remove when you install the device. Completely out-of-sight...
Cool, just like a SprintBooster...

·
Registered
243 Posts
chiming in to bring the thread back up to speed.. Went online to order my sprint booster this week and saw there was a little bit of a wait to get one (and by wait I mean normal shipping). I found the pedal commander with prime delivery so I bought that other than the sprint booster. I still prefer the form factor of the sprint booster, but I installed the pedal commander in the parking lot at work and will gladly report back after a few days with it as to my thoughts. It IS smaller than I thought, but there's no way I'm mounting that thing on my dash...LOL

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
chiming in to bring the thread back up to speed.. Went online to order my sprint booster this week and saw there was a little bit of a wait to get one (and by wait I mean normal shipping). I found the pedal commander with prime delivery so I bought that other than the sprint booster. I still prefer the form factor of the sprint booster, but I installed the pedal commander in the parking lot at work and will gladly report back after a few days with it as to my thoughts. It IS smaller than I thought, but there's no way I'm mounting that thing on my dash...LOL
I currently have mine in that little net pocket on the side of the console. Don't even know it's there. But eventually, I'll probably hide it behind that little panel that comes down above the brake pedal so that it's completely hidden - and just use the bluetooth app to change settings if/when I want to (not that I'll be changing the settings very often).

I also asked about making the app AndroidAuto-compatible - that way you could actually change settings right on the cars touchscreen if you have your phone connected to Android Auto. :) They actually said that they are working on it... We'll see. That would be really cool.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts