Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I currently have mine in that little net pocket on the side of the console. Don't even know it's there. But eventually, I'll probably hide it behind that little panel that comes down above the brake pedal so that it's completely hidden - and just use the bluetooth app to change settings if/when I want to (not that I'll be changing the settings very often).

I also asked about making the app AndroidAuto-compatible - that way you could actually change settings right on the cars touchscreen if you have your phone connected to Android Auto. :) They actually said that they are working on it... We'll see. That would be really cool.
if they added carplay and android auto that would be amazeballs. Ive got mine neatly placed in that same little net pocket for now. I wanted to keep it available for the first month in case i decided i needed to dial it in a little more but as of now I'm extremely happy with where I have it at. Its always hard to know if its right when your trying to adjust is and your still driving. It will either get better or worse while changing, but, after sleeping and gettingn in the car the next morning to go grab breakfast I knew immediately I was REAL close on my setting if not perfect. Car feels so much nicer to drive without a sloppy pedal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aside from the $300 price tags for both, sprint booster has only a few modes while the pedal commander has several more. I didn't go with either. I went with a different controller for my challenger. It was half the cost of pedal commander, drastically improved throttle response and was MUCH simpler to use. It is from the USA, while pedal commander is made in Turkey and Sprint Booster is from Greece! It is also much cheaper than a tune and required no calibration - just plug and go. https://www.sawyertuning.com/?s=accelerator

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,608 Posts
I still love the "valet" feature on my Sprint Booster best, which is the only reason I got it.

Reactions: VenomousSVT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just have to say, that is the most ridiculous video I've ever seen. The guy never actually compares how well each item works - at all - just constantly makes up reasons to bash any and every other Sprint-Booster-like product - without ever actually using any of those other products. It's a perfect example of a "fanboy" video.

A few things (just off the top of my head after watching that joke of a video - I'm sure there are many items like this if I were to watch the video more closely):

1. Just because something is the first-to-market has absolutely no impact on whether or not it is "better" than similar products released afterwards. In fact, most products get "copied" and improved upon compared to the first-to-market product.
2. At one part he stresses how "dangerous" the ECO mode on Pedal Commander is because it reduces the responsiveness of the pedal, but then stresses how the "Valet" mode on Sprint Booster is so beneficial. So limiting power on Pedal Commander (via ECO mode) is "dangerous" and "a lie", but limiting power even more with Sprint Booster is a benefit? He obviously doesn't understand that ECO mode would be beneficial in a few scenarios - one of them being winter driving. I actually agree that limiting power too much can be dangerous, but the Sprint Booster does exactly that with Valet Mode. Pedal Commander at least lets you adjust the sensitivity in "ECO" mode, unlike "Valet" mode on the Sprint Booster.
3. He is big on "if the device is smaller, including thinner wiring, it has to be better". Huh? I'd argue that, if anything, the Sprint Booster is so damn small that it actually makes it harder to use because it's so tiny. He acts like Pedal Commander is this huge control panel that is so hard to use. It literally has the exact same number of buttons as the Sprint Booster - and the buttons do the exact same thing - yet somehow the Pedal Commander is hard to use and the Sprint Booster is so easy to use. :)
4. At one point he mentions how the Pedal Commander is basically a ripoff because they charge more than it costs to make them... :) Of course, he never mentions how much profit is made from each Sprint Booster in comparison.

I've never seen such a biased, ridiculous, fanboy'ish video in my life...

Just sayin'.... :)
I thought the exact same things about that video too. He seemed like he was promoting SB & not doing an unbiased comparison. His attitude kind of pushed me more to go with the PC. There aren't many good comparison videos out there. 😎

41 - 44 of 44 Posts