Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sprintex displayed the new prototype supercharger at sema, talked with a dealer and they are trying to get the Sprintex to fit under the hood with no modifications- to the hood. I was told maybe as early as Feb 2018- the system is going to be installed first on the more popular 3.6 units then works their way to the Challengers and Chargers, I was told the head unit will bolt on to any of the 3.6 engines, it's just that they will have to sort out "box 2" changes- the hoses, hardware and what not for the intercooler for different models.

So this is good news for the Challenger and Charger folks who are interested in the supercharger and from what I understand Jay at Sprintex found a "key" to unlock the pcm for better tuning and possible to unlock the newer pcm for tuning.

I think the bottom line is Sprintex is working towards a much better product for those of us running the 3.6 and it sounds like I myself might be able to purchase one of these new upgraded superchargers to swap out my current Sprintex, sounds like I will be able to remove my current supercharger head and intake and just purchase what they call "box 1" and bolt on the new supercharger which is suppose to be all one unit eliminating different pieces that have to be bolted together- basically pull it out of the box and bolt it straight on the the engine, I may have to make a few changes to the intercooler water feed lines and that's about it. Also update my tune as well.

The new Sprintex supercharger feeds from the front, making the distant for which the air has to travel shorter to increase efficiency and some other changes as well.

The words being tossed around is the new Sprintex system is going to be a "game changer". So I'm looking forward to what they coming out with in the next few months.

Reactions: BigDirt

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only picture I know about that's close up of the new design.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Now that would be GREAT. Only reason I was considering the RIPP unit was hood clearance. I like the Sprintex design much better.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I have never seen anything but the original, on their site or other sites selling their product. Very odd actually as they obviously recognized the issue of modifying the hood must be limiting sales.

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
this it what i read on their website too. i will send them a message this to see if it still on their target or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have contacted them and there is the response i got. he also recommend for the current system an hellcat hood.

Bobby Kelley <[email protected]>
11:40 AM (8 hours ago)Reply
to me, EnquiriesUSA
Jean,

We have not released any new models for the challenger. If it is released it will be after the Jeep JL and Gladiator models sometime next year.

Thank you,

Bobby Kelley

Sprintex USA INC
Sprintexusa.com
4325 Giddings Rd. | Auburn Hills, MI 48326
O: 248-791-7165 | C: 248-622-6409
Toll Free 855-591-2778

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
No love for the Challenger :( The Jeeps have has SC for years, guess they have deeper pockets :D

A Guy

·
Registered
328 Posts
F them. I'd rather have the dual turbo setup and 506RWHP anyway :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
what i hate about turbo is the lag ive got a mercedes with turbocharger before my challenger and dang i hated it for that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts