Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Sprintex supercharger SPS - what I would call the stage 2 kit, 69mm pulley , coated rotors, suppose to produce around 11 psi of boost.

Here is some pics of the unboxing, supercharger box, box two with tuner and small parts.

Got a nice upgrade on a trinity tuner, I put my dcx I-1000 for sale in the for sale section with some Overkill tunes still on it.

So I will have a busy weekend installing my new sprintex supercharger, see if I can yank my little v6 into the 12's in the weeks to come.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts
Nice, looking forward to your experiences. Is this on stock internals? A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes stock internals, I did everything I could do to my car with bolt on's( even though they was mostly custom by me) naturally aspirated to show you can make more hp over what factory provided. That there was room for improvement using the same 1/4 mile track as the measuring stick I gained 7 mph in trap speed and reduced e.t. by 1.3 seconds over factory.

Now will the supercharger still give me over 10 mph+ in trap speed even though I made my engine more efficient or will I just gain 5-6 mph?

Last outing I was running 100.11 to 100.88 mph thru the traps, depending what part of the country your in and track and conditions a stock 3.6/5speed is running anywhere from 93-96 mph, those with a sprintex around 106 mph so 10-13 mph increase.

So if I'm already over 100 mph thru the 1/4 will the supercharger give me 110 mph plus thru the 1/4? I guess I will soon see.

I have not a seen anything showing a 3.6 with a sprintex faster than 109 mph. there was reports of low 12's- e85, 3.90 gearing, smaller pulley.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the supercharger installed and finished up yesterday, didn't set no time record installing it, work a little while then take a break, I spent 12 hours out in the shop Saturday and for the most part it was installed, I started the car and about an hour of that was the trinity plugged into the car extracting the factory tune.

Sunday went out to the shop for about 6 hours, tinkering around cleaning up , filling the inter cooler up (anti-freeze 50/50 and water wetter), little bit pain in the butt, I probably spent 1 1/2 hours doing that to get all the air out of the system.

Spent an Hour on the phone with Mike from Superchargers of OKC, he called asked how the install went, had nice chat, very helpful guy.

So the car is back on the ground, starts and runs, now waiting on my tune to download to make it driveable.

I will get better pics in a day or two out in the sun, it's been dark and gloomy last few days with all the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

Thanks for sharing your build! :cheers:

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my tune from sprintex to load into my car today, the trinity tuner is soooo fast when compared to the I-1000 dcx, it took only a couple of minutes to load the tune into my challenger.

The car fired right up, no check engine lights, idle very nice and smooth like normal.

I took the car for a spin and got on it, WOW just WOW, what a world of difference in power.

I do have one issue, I'm bouncing pretty hard off the rev limiter on the Sprintex tune, my TCM (tranny program) is set for 6600-6800 rpms shift points, the sprintex shift points are to low for my set up, in fact right now I can not get into 4th gear during wot.

So I have contacted Sprintex to raise the shift point on their tune for my car.

So even with me bouncing off the rev limit between 1-2 and 2-3 shift I stopped and ran a 0-60mph time and I covered it in 4.66 seconds with an easy roll out and stab launch.

I'm sure with better tuning and re learn how to launch my car I should cover 0-60 mph in the lower 4's

The system is awesome.

Took it to the car wash got it cleaned up and here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts
Awesome, congrats. How does it sound?

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
I got my tune from sprintex to load into my car today, the trinity tuner is soooo fast when compared to the I-1000 dcx, it took only a couple of minutes to load the tune into my challenger.

The car fired right up, no check engine lights, idle very nice and smooth like normal.

I took the car for a spin and got on it, WOW just WOW, what a world of difference in power.

I do have one issue, I'm bouncing pretty hard off the rev limiter on the Sprintex tune, my TCM (tranny program) is set for 6600-6800 rpms shift points, the sprintex shift points are to low for my set up, in fact right now I can not get into 4th gear during wot.

So I have contacted Sprintex to raise the shift point on their tune for my car.

So even with me bouncing off the rev limit between 1-2 and 2-3 shift I stopped and ran a 0-60mph time and I covered it in 4.66 seconds with an easy roll out and stab launch.

I'm sure with better tuning and re learn how to launch my car I should cover 0-60 mph in the lower 4's

The system is awesome.

Took it to the car wash got it cleaned up and here's a few pics.
Thanks for sharing the results.

It sounds like you're putting out similar horsepower than a 392 Hemi because those are similar times to what some of the 392 peeps are getting. That's pretty darned impressive. You should be happy with that! How much boost are you running?

If you get a chance, could you Please take a video of her running? I've never heard a Sprintex blower on anything and I'm pretty curious of how they sound.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in contact with Sprintex on the rev limit on their tune, hopefully they will come thru, if not I will have to go to someone else like maybe Hemituner to help me out, once I get the rev limit changed and get on the dyno to make sure air fuel ratio is good I will get some video of some launches and follow up with more 0-60 mph runs with times and get to the track and see if I can improve on my 13.97 run when I was naturally aspirated to show what a the supercharger can do with no other changes to the car.

I will even be running the same tire set up. Which will be ugly I'm sure, I will need larger wider tires for best results, but it will be a good back to back test with only a supercharger install, of what one could expect.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
I'm in contact with Sprintex on the rev limit on their tune, hopefully they will come thru, if not I will have to go to someone else like maybe Hemituner to help me out, once I get the rev limit changed and get on the dyno to make sure air fuel ratio is good I will get some video of some launches and follow up with more 0-60 mph runs with times and get to the track and see if I can improve on my 13.97 run when I was naturally aspirated to show what a the supercharger can do with no other changes to the car.

I will even be running the same tire set up. Which will be ugly I'm sure, I will need larger wider tires for best results, but it will be a good back to back test with only a supercharger install, of what one could expect.
What kind of trap speed did you end up with when you ran the 13.97?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts
It's in his sig ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My fastest ever trap speed was 100.88 mph, almost got on this trip about gaining a little more speed, but it was time to put it to bed and move on to the supercharger.

However with that said, this was in almost 1800 ft DA, if my car could have gotten sea level air it would be around 102.5 mph trap speeds, so keep that in mind, my 13.97 at 100.11 mph wasn't my hero pass under the perfect conditions.

And I'm sure once I get to the track ( with supercharger) it won't be under perfect conditions, so there will be plenty of room to improve on the supercharger set up.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
It's in his sig ;)

A Guy
Thank You :)

My fastest ever trap speed was 100.88 mph, almost got on this trip about gaining a little more speed, but it was time to put it to bed and move on to the supercharger.

However with that said, this was in almost 1800 ft DA, if my car could have gotten sea level air it would be around 102.5 mph trap speeds, so keep that in mind, my 13.97 at 100.11 mph wasn't my hero pass under the perfect conditions.

And I'm sure once I get to the track ( with supercharger) it won't be under perfect conditions, so there will be plenty of room to improve on the supercharger set up.
Thanks for reply ddeennis!

If my thoughts are on track, I'd like to make a guess.

I'll guess that your trap will be in the 113-116 mph range. Like I said, that's just a guess and we'll see how close I am or how off I am. :)

I hope that you trap higher though! That would be Great!

Good Luck and Please keep us posted! :cheers:

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got my second tune back from Sprintex, they raised the rev limiter and then messed with my converter- damn them. They also removed the code for 180 thermostat.

I ask for two things, raise the rev limiter on your tune and remove the 180 thermostat code.

I then get 3 things, which the 3rd thing "tighten up my converter" screwed with my shift feel.

So I now have asked them to reverse the thing I did not ask for, because they are screwing with 3 months of work I have put into my TCM with Hemituner.

Sure wish I had the tools to do this all myself, so I didnt have to rely on these folks to over think everything.

So the car now runs thru 1-2, 2-3 ,3-4 just fine, except for the converter thing the tuner did which really slowed down my tach on shift recovery, makes the clutches slip, instead of "snapping " back down. It's kinda like shifting gears and slowly engaging the clutch while applying power.

So I hope Sprintex will reverse the"tightening up your converter" so I can move on to the dyno.

Anyways other than that, car runs great, the power is just really strong, I did take it out to the marked off 1/4 mile, not to give to much away, but I'm hitting 110-111 mph at the finish line, let's see how that translate to the track and to see if I can get any more power out of it at the dyno shop before I go racing.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I had purchased a hood back when my car was new.

If you have a stock hood you will have to cut a hole in it and put a hood scoop on, or just buy a hellcat hood or something else.

I had thought about buying different hood, something lighter, my current hood is very heavy, twice the weight if not more than stock, maybe I can find a carbon fiber to help offset the added blower weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a little update, Sprintex has been great, been working with a guy on my tune, working out some bugs, emails have been responded to very quickly considering the time difference from USA and Australia.

Was sent a 3rd tune to see if all cleans up with driveability, WOT there is no issues, the car gets up and goes, idle is fine and anything under 2k while driving is fine, it only moderate throttle that is giving the issue.

I'm hoping to have this all taken care of soon, really want to get to a dyno and do some final adjustments to WOT so I can get to the track.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A quick question for you, with the SC installed are you still able to have a Mopar CAI installed or do you have to use the stock airbox?

I keep seeing these SC installed without an aftermarket CAI, so I wasn't sure if was due to limitations or are the owners just not installing them with the SC

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 112 Posts