Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 2014 SRT m6 oem pistol grip will work on a 2016 SPS m6? Don't really care for the round ball and would like to keep the look stock. Will be bolting up to the stock shifter now, but a Barton ain't far away.....
thanks

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,953 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't. I have the OEM Barton, and my pistol grip went on it just fine, as would a ball.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
Worse case you need a threaded adapter, no?

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Worse case you need a threaded adapter, no?

A Guy
I may well be wrong, I thought the oem 2009-2014 shift knob (pistol grip type) was not removable from the shifter shaft. So that would mean I would have to change the shaft and knob off of my car and even though the picture of the two holes that mount the shafts to the shifter body look similar I don't know if they will fit. I have looked at as many aftermarket grips as I can find and just don't really like the look. I want the grip to look stock, not stand out. As I see it, a threaded adapter would have no use. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
They should fit, don't believe Dodge changed anything on how the shifter mounts. I think if you can compare the '14 to '16 shifter mount, they are the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate it. I bet you are right, it wouldn't make sense to change that part. Wish they hadn't permanently attached the pistol grip to the shaft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts