Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I offered up my `08 SRT8 to the folks at Whipple to use it as their prototype vehicle for their new 6.1 Supercharger kit. The kit will be intercooled and use their new 2.9L front feed compressor. They showed me the intake manifold the other day which is fully CNC machined and now the Supercharger is sitting on the intake and looking great and they let me shoot a couple of photos. I'm going to check it out again next week and I'll post some more information when I have it. I'm starting to get really excited :)

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Have we heard yet what pricing will be on these units?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Looks good man. Can't wait to see the #s it puts out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they are far enough along to post the pricing yet, but I'm sure that's coming soon. They dyno'd the car before the install and will give me all of that including the post-install dyno sheets too so I'll post those when it's all finished.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
What is the difference between front feed and the current rear feed?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
What is the difference between front feed and the current rear feed?

Rear inlet systems are traditionally more restrictive due to all the bends and curves that the air must pass through to the rear of the blower.

Front feed systems like this Whipple, Edelbrock E-Force and Magnacharger should have a more efficient path for air to reach the compressor.

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
Looking good! I like the change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts