1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Looks nice, but if you're here to hawk your products or shop, contact a mod to find your appropriate place.

Jack

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i think you might be the sventyeleventh but it looks like a nice job, hellion turbo kit? id be scared thout would nuke the tranny. Im assuming that its solid axel race only car.. why the big brakes? Go with smaller brakes and 15 inch wheels allowing for some sick slicks to really make use of that axle.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Pay to hawk your junk, and then we cant talk to you this way in your thread

·
Registered
172 Posts
same balastic fab, that stuck me for shipping the wrong steering arms back for my dana 60. you owe me $30 if so. if not carry on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not here to hawk anything, this would be the last thing I would want to produce and sell.

Now onto the tech, we made ABS tone rings for the axles, but have come to find out that the rings on the CVs are actually magnetic, and the sensors are non-magnetic... backwards from everything I've experienced in a reluctor ring. The tranny goes into limp-home and can't get it to shift. My question is, how have others bypassed this problem or solved it? I've thought about magnetizing the rings, but it would not be permanent. We also tried jumping the front signal to the rear and it was even worse.

Here's what we tried, but gives zero signal.

I'm not against tricking or bypassing the ABS signal for now, but would like to eventually make it right. Any help who has completed a solid axle swap would be appreciated!

Jeff

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You need to source some OEM sensors to make it work. You can contact Starr motors in virginia, they have done a straight axle swap also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to source some OEM sensors to make it work. You can contact Starr motors in virginia, they have done a straight axle swap also.
We are using the OEM sensors, it's the tone ring that we can't effectively adapt to the 9", so we made our own, just smaller. It's what we've been doing for years on our Ram free spin kits etc. We looked at using the OEM tone ring, but it's too large in diameter to use anywhere I can think of. I'll get with Starr in a bit, Thanks Andy

Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andy, I called Starr motors, the lady in service had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone in particular I need to talk to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts