Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many months I've had a squeak from the shifter, especially when in 3rd. Could be heard with or without the car running/moving.

My dealership took a couple of looks at it and tried different things, but the problem would go away for a few days/weeks and then return.

A couple of weeks ago they found this TSB 21-020-16 for I think 2013+ Challengers (mines a 2015) - which involves adding more grease to linkages. I couldn't find any detailed descriptions for it online.

The results so far have been great, no more squeaks, but also the gear shifts are far better than ever before and I've had the car from new.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Nice find. I haven't had this problem, as of yet, but I've been threw a stock shifter, a Hurst Shifter and now a Barton. When I did my install I added extra grease to get the upgraded units in. Perhaps I solved a problem before it started. Again great info for some of the new challenger owners.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
When I replaced my stock shift assembly (2015) I was shocked at the degree of dry rot the rubber bushing holding the rear of the assembly had. I was putting it in my old parts box this evening (wife was sick of looking at it on the kitchen counter top) and as I threw it in it squeaked. I was like...WTH?! Turns out twisting the rubber bushing causes a high pitched squeak. So glad I replaced the whole assembly.

Capture.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts