Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m a complete noob when it comes to car, just bought one challenger two months ago. But it’s dead cold outside so whenever i open the door the window makes a squeaky sound. I don’t really know if I should put something or what can I do so it stops making that sound when it opens the door and the windows goes down a bit. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
113 Posts
I’m experiencing the same problem!!! I live in Chicago and it’s been freezing temps below it’s just the cold weather causing frozen hinges when opening and closing your doors nothing to worry about really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cars make all sorts of strange noises when it gets real cold out especially if the car sits outside. Most of North America hasn't seen the bitter cold like we are now in for the last few years and from what I hear it's only getting colder as we get towards new year's. Expect squeaking and rattling noises from snow and ice build up in the body and all the rubber seals getting harder in the cold. Oh and don't forget the sounds an engine makes when you cold start it at 0 degrees. You haven't heard a worse sound until you hear a power steering pump getting woken up in single digit temps!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cars make all sorts of strange noises when it gets real cold out especially if the car sits outside. Most of North America hasn't seen the bitter cold like we are now in for the last few years and from what I hear it's only getting colder as we get towards new year's. Expect squeaking and rattling noises from snow and ice build up in the body and all the rubber seals getting harder in the cold. Oh and don't forget the sounds an engine makes when you cold start it at 0 degrees. You haven't heard a worse sound until you hear a power steering pump getting woken up in single digit temps!
It was some was bad today lol 5 degrees, I was scared since my door was kinda stuck I didn’t want to force it to open it lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bring on the global warnimg - it's 12 degrees outside right now. :eek2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts