Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel has started to make this squeeking sound whenever I turn it, very annoying but it's not something I want to have to drive 40 min to the dealer to fix...anybody know how to resolve this? I thought of just spraying WD-40 but was worried about the electronics...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got the same problem...started when the cold snap hit toronto...
So it mus be temp. related. I would also like to know how to fix this embarrasing/squeaky dilemma...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the same problem...started when the cold snap hit toronto...
So it mus be temp. related. I would also like to know how to fix this embarrasing/squeaky dilemma...:scratchhead:
Yeah same, right when winter settled in, I'd imagine all the dealer would do is lube it..but if that's the case then it'll have to be done every once in awhile and I'd like to know how to do it w\o having to go to the dealer...silly problem so hopefully simple fix

·
Registered
466 Posts
had mine fixed last week at the dealer under warranty.
it was the steering column shaft boot. it also helped to eliminate stiff steering in cold mornings

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll have to go by the dealer then...lame, I figured we could just lube something up since it's winter and stuff gets brittle...hate having to reload tunes constantly...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Guess I'll have to go by the dealer then...lame, I figured we could just lube something up since it's winter and stuff gets brittle...hate having to reload tunes constantly...
why would u have to take off your tunes ?
I don't think the dealer would check your PCM
just to lube the steering column shaft boot....:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would u have to take off your tunes ?
I don't think the dealer would check your PCM
just to lube the steering column shaft boot....:scratchhead:
Rather not risk anything, they are known to do TSB flashs if an RRT permits it...if they did...that'd seriously suck, better safe than sorry, don't give them a reason to void anything...or screw up your pred.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had the same thing since the temps dropped. I'm taking it in Thursday.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Have the same annoying sound in my steering column. Thanks for starting this thread. Will get mine checked out on my next oil change,

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it fixed, the guy said it'll prob come back as it's just a winter thing, but they went ahead and lubed it up, apparently you do have to take it apart a bit to get to the bolts you need to lube

·
Registered
466 Posts
they replaced mine, it took 3 hours, apparently it was the design of the original one that makes it squeak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts