Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 WB Challenger, about 650 miles. Right after 500+ miles, a horrible squeaking sound when turning the steering wheel happened. When I first turn on the car, it may not do it and it may take 5 miles or so to begin. But once it starts, it 'stays'. I did a lot of searching and found ppl say they needed the 'boot' greased by the dealer, which is under the dash. Anyone recently have this issue? Everything I found was from older model years.

I do have an appt set up for Friday. I'm driving 1.5 hours to the dealer I purchased from because I really don't want to deal with my local dealership. They aways seem so far behind and 'might' get to your car in a reasonable time. I'm going to try to embed a video below, but I'll probably do it wrong

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
@warv3t hope they find a similar fix for you.

"I had a squeaky steering column fixed by my dealer and it required complete removal to properly grease. They also found the steering wheel bolt cross threaded and had to replace the steering column under warranty. Good luck."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@warv3t hope they find a similar fix for you.

"I had a squeaky steering column fixed by my dealer and it required complete removal to properly grease. They also found the steering wheel bolt cross threaded and had to replace the steering column under warranty. Good luck."
I greased the “boot” and it is 95% better. Just ever so slightly at times. But I’m still having them check it because my method is probably temporary. Parts, at this time, will take forever to come in if I need them. My 19 Ram has been sitting at the dealership 30 days waiting on some simple parts.

If I need parts..they better reassemble and send me on my way. Ill be back when Covid releases parts for it. Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts