Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new DBA rotor rings and pads yesterday. Pretty simple job really. Just kind of tedious with all the nuts to re-attach the hats. DBA supplies new nuts with the rotors and they torque on at 120 inch. lbs. The brake calipers are heavily thread locked on so will require a little grunting to get those off but otherwise, a piece of cake. I'm really impressed with how DBA boxes their brake shoes.

IMG_2177S.jpg
IMG_2178S.jpg
IMG_2179S.jpg
IMG_2180S.jpg
IMG_2181S.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,744 Posts
Looks awesome :thumbsup:

A Guy

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Registered
392 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
NiMi:
I placed a link from our SRT brake research thread HERE to this page. Thank you for taking the plunge to buy these DBA5000 rings. We have waited a long time, and done a lot of research, to find a reasonable price/source for these 6 piston Brembo rotors. You-da-man NiMi, you're the first one that I know of that has done this. So glad that these were a simple bolt on and that you were able to save a small fortune by buying them. You have proved that they are indeed compatible with our factory rotor center hubs (hats) and simply bolt on.

Found some info on another forum about these same rings that you just installed here: CLICKY They were confused about the torque required for the bolts, but there was some interesting data there.

I contacted Powerstop about a 2 weeks ago and asked them if they intended to sell just the outer rings of these two piece rotors, like the ones you just installed. I spoke to them about this matter last fall, and they said they might consider it. Anyway, they told me that as of this time, they do not intend to do so. Therefore if we want to save money by just buying the outer ring, DBA is our only source, at least for now. I was talking to DBA awhile back about their patented unidirectional "Kangaroo Paw" rotor vent technology. They have some great pictures and explanations here: CLICKY
Let us know how they work out sir.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,898 Posts
Installed new DBA rotor rings and pads yesterday. Pretty simple job really. Just kind of tedious with all the nuts to re-attach the hats. DBA supplies new nuts with the rotors and they torque on at 120 inch. lbs. The brake calipers are heavily thread locked on so will require a little grunting to get those off but otherwise, a piece of cake. I'm really impressed with how DBA boxes their brake shoes.

Those turned out Great! Thanks for posting this up.

Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Great pics, and yes, DBA did a great job of "packing" those pads.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
Did you buy them here as mentioned in the other thread, if so how much, not sure if the 403$ is per rotor or for a pair.

https://thmotorsports.com/10902078-dba-dba529101s-brake-rotors-5000-series-t3

Oh, why did you change your originals?
That's why we've been fussing over this for some time now: they're VERY expensive. THMototsports was out of stock when I called them late last week.
THM also said that they were considering offering a discount to forum members, and that they were considering becoming vendors on our forum. Haven't heard back from them yet.
It's been awhile since I checked, but I think Powerstop was selling their complete 2 pc. rotors for this car for about 750.00 or so. Call 'em to find out.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine from Speedlogix. Paid about $100 more for the pair than THM looks like they're selling them for. Good deal when THM can get them again, assuming DBA can hold their pricing to vendors.

·
Registered
412 Posts
MiHi- do you use, or are you supposed to use threadlocker on the nuts that hold the hats to the rotors?

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
412 Posts
The blue Loctite is good. I use it for gunsmithing applications. I believe that the next step up, red Loctite, is supposed to require heat to remove, and I wouldn't want to be applying a torch to the brake components for fear of changing the temper on the metal.

I have an R/T but have been considering obtaining a Scat Pack with Dynamics Package or T/A somewhere down the road. Having real performance options like bigger brakes already done is a nice draw. I'm going to put six piston brakes on my R/T eventually, but they are expensive. It would be nice if all that stuff was already done.

Excellent pics by the way. Your subject is centered, and the photo is in focus. I'm always amazed by how many people cannot center a subject in their photos, it's not that hard to do. Thanks for posting this info.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ Thanks for the kind words. Looks like the game has changed after yesterdays FCA release. No more SRT392 but new Scatpack should have everything the old SRT had and more I think. I believe it will also be available with the 6 piston Brembos, adjustable 3 mode magnetic suspension, wide body and old Hellcat hood. Anyone for a new Scatcat? lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts