Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
The nuts look white in color in the pics. Are they zinc washed/coated, or what causes the white finish?

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
The nuts look white in color in the pics. Are they zinc washed/coated, or what causes the white finish?
The pictures aren't my own. They were copied from the original post. So I can't answer the question. However, a phone call to DBA will get you your answer, or just wait and hope MiHiHemi responds.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,234 Posts
following

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is there a specific order to torque of the nuts? im guessing some sort of common sense star and balancing of the load? but wasnt sure if there was a recommended pattern. And with 112lbs, I also wondering if there is a recommended easing of the torque, i.e. round 1 of 80lbs and then go around the same pattern up to 112lbs? IDK maybe im over thinking it, but when its expensive parts and brakes, im not screwing around LOL

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,898 Posts
Is there a specific order to torque of the nuts? im guessing some sort of common sense star and balancing of the load? but wasnt sure if there was a recommended pattern. And with 112lbs, I also wondering if there is a recommended easing of the torque, i.e. round 1 of 80lbs and then go around the same pattern up to 112lbs? IDK maybe im over thinking it, but when its expensive parts and brakes, im not screwing around LOL
My guess would be to torque them in three stages and like a wheel, in a star pattern. This would evenly establish the torque on the brake hat and help keep a neutral balance to it. It works on a wheel, so I'd guess that it would work on a brake. Just my thoughts though and that's what I'd do, but I'd suggest that you use your own discretion.

I'd also say that I think that you're smart to overthink things when it comes to your brakes.

·
Super Moderator
15,804 Posts
and remember that its inch-pounds.

to convert to ft.lb. Divide in.lb. by 12 to get ft.lb. value

·
Registered
47 Posts
thank guys, like the points and will do. the inch pounds caught me off guard...yikes, i can see me cranking with foot lbs. shit... Ironically, for a DIY kind of job and one thats going to be done more in coming years considering the increase use of this brake package, aftermarket would do well to provide this sort of one page diagram.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,898 Posts
I'd use some blue loctite too on the bolts. I would think that you would not want those coming loose.

·
Super Moderator
15,804 Posts
I'd use some blue loctite too on the bolts. I would think that you would not want those coming loose.
exactly - especially since with the heat cycles, fasteners can lose their tightness.

After ~ 200 miles, I re-check lug nut torque as an example whenever I rotate the tires

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,898 Posts
exactly - especially since with the heat cycles, fasteners can lose their tightness.

After ~ 200 miles, I re-check lug nut torque as an example whenever I rotate the tires
I do the same thing Hal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts