Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some SRT 392 badges. Wanting to put something on the hood and maybe the spoiler. The car is all white, so I need just a couple extra focal points. HMMM, what to do? Thought I'd post a couple pictures and get some input.

First, I grabbed the badges and taped them in place. They're not real straight, but I'm just testing this out. So, for the rear, I'm thinking to do this:
[/url]IMG_0083 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0084 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then for the hood, I have three options. At first I tried the 392 and the HEMI badges:
[/url]IMG_0082 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then I thought it might be too much, so I tried this minimal look with just "HEMI." Note: lighting isn't the best...
[/url]IMG_0081 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finally, I tried just the "392" by itself. Thinking I like this one the best.
[/url]IMG_0080 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

So: it's decision time. Thought I'd post this up for some input. To stick or not to stick: that is the question. And then WHERE should I stick it? (careful now...)

Gary

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't add another "392" to the hood, or even the Hemi. It's already on the quarter panel, and IMO, this is the case where less is more.

Spoiler, hard call, and personal choice, but I would go with the "392" only, or nothing, other than the SRT badging that's on it.

Sweet ride!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I debadged all of my car but for the SRT in the grill. I am thinking of doing the hood with 392 HEMI. If you did the hood I would definitely take off the fender badges.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
I would add the "392 HEMI" to the hood, and Debadge the fender. Either go with the classic script "Challenger" on the fender or leave it blank. I like the old school look though so I would have replaced the "SRT" badges with "R/T" badges already ;)

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,462 Posts
In general, asking for opinions from others just adds confusion. Put on or take off what looks good to you. Asking potentially hundreds of others what they would do will only cloud the matter up. I know what I would do but I'll withhold my opinion so it doesn't make the water even more murky.

Before flaming, I want to state that all the opinions offered so far are good ones. Just make up your own mind. You are the only one that truly knows the way it should be.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fyrdude:
Looks like you've been bitten by the photo bucket disaster. Don't feel bad, you're not alone. I've been posting pics with Flickr since PB stiffed everybody.

Concerning the confusion of which you spoke, this is not my first rodeo, and of course varied opinions are to be expected. However, I believe that the collectively, the opinion of this forum is worth hearing.

Anyway, fellas, thanks for the input. I'm still toying with just what to do, but will probably go with less rather than more. I'll be mulling it over for a little while before I do anything, but glad that the forum has confirmed what I was thinking. Consensus here is basically that "less is more," and that's exactly what I was thinking. I hadn't considered removing the fender badges. Great idea, and therefore glad I took the time to poll the forum.
-Gary

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would add the "392 HEMI" to the hood, and Debadge the fender. Either go with the classic script "Challenger" on the fender or leave it blank. I like the old school look though so I would have replaced the "SRT" badges with "R/T" badges already ;)
What he said. All of it. Including the R/T badging in place of the SRT. Old school always :11:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
1su98u.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
346 Posts
FWIW I agree with Frank. I had not thought about this and may do it to my T/A. Great idea Frank!

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't add another "392" to the hood, or even the Hemi. It's already on the quarter panel, and IMO, this is the case where less is more.

Spoiler, hard call, and personal choice, but I would go with the "392" only, or nothing, other than the SRT badging that's on it.

Sweet ride!
FYI, Dodge traditionally badged the spoiler on the passenger (right) side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
OK, I didn't realize this was our car. I would not add anything to the drivers side of the spoiler. SRT is fine. Looks good on white.....pearl. IF you wanted to go R/T, very good. Nothing on the other side, too busy.
I like the fender with the 392 HEMI, but think your......(never mind) car would look good with anything. I think the hood got busy also with the red 392, like just the black HEMI.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Leave the rear alone, the SRT speaks for itself
Adding another 392 HEMI is Tacky. Either the fender OR the hood, not both
I'd do the hood
Agreed.

I personally prefer to allow one object to speak for itself on one side.

That's why I have the bumblebee with 392s under it for my fenders, and a Scat Pack Logo on my rear where DODGE emblem used to be, and that's it. Keep it simple and sweet. I wouldn't want to clutter it up like a ricer to make it look busy.

Again, it's your car so do whatever you think that will make your car stand out, and be happy about it! :)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I say leave it exactly as is. It's not a 1971 Challenger so it shouldn't be badged to look like one. But I'm a big stock kinda guy. You may decide differently, but you asked for input.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't made a final decision just yet. However, I do appreciate all the input. I lean toward the less is more philosophy, but keeping it totally stock is just not me. I need to do at least a little something to make it mine. But at the moment, that "something" will be rather subtle. I'm pretty sure something is going to go on the sides of the hood scoop. The big question is just WHAT will go there, and whether or not the fender badges get removed in the process. Something will get changed on the rear, but not sure just what yet. Again, thank you for all the feedback. It is really helping me to sort this out.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Now there's an idea I thought about before. That might be a possibility. So I'm wondering, how did you remove the D-O-D-G-E letters from the rear?
It's pretty simple. A pack of ice on the letter for a minute or so then use a credit card to snap it off.

Here's a picture of my rear Scat Pack logo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts