Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Exhaust valves I guess and yes, on a 2016, it will set a code.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exhaust valves I guess and yes, on a 2016, it will set a code.

Yes I took it out and now the check engine light has come on. Hopefully a small override can fix this issue.

I was thinking MDS or Clutch Delay!
For 2015 and above SRTs, they come with a valve which controls the exhaust note, like in track or sport mode the exhaust is completely open but in eco mode closes off, and opens upon full throttle.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
UAE based on the flag? Export cars might even be more different, once we find out what
For 2015 and above SRTs, they come with a valve which controls the exhaust note, like in track or sport mode the exhaust is completely open but in eco mode closes off, and opens upon full throttle.
Yes, I know, my car has that.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
Wow

A Guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on the active exhaust.
I had to put the sensor back on to make the check engine light switch off, but apart from that the car sounds beautiful!!

Don't know of any bypass, should not have removed them.

I removed the valve but mounted the sensor back on to the straight pipe, so it sounds perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i bought my 392 srt someone had cut off the stock exhaust and they just ty wrapped the valve motors to the frame ,still connected to the harness ,so the CEL didnt come on. I have since replaced the entire exhaust with a flowmaster outlaw catback. Flowmaster has a plate to bolt the exhaust valve motors to so they are still bolted to the exhaust pipe but do not open or close any valves. Pipe is always wide open with no codes works great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.