Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
so where are you seeing the biggest performance gains?
looks like a nice install job.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congratulations, you engineer a turbo for the 3.5 and start to feel the benefits of FI. A really cool accomplishment like this and it gets pushed down the list? Good work. Some specs would be nice like max boost and rwhp.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah seriously? You can't just post pics like this and not give us any details-that's just crazy!!! Let's go now...give us the info!!!

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I am going to turbo charge mine in the next few years, What turbo did you use? Dyno numbers? 0-60? Looks like you even used some duct tape "the handy mans secret weapon".
As some have asked here we are detail whores and we love pictures. Video of a launch would be sweet also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yeh we need more pics and info, come on now!

·
Registered
294 Posts
A roll of duct tape? Now that's my kind of build! Seriously though it looks very well done. Don't forget to include your estimate of the cost and time it took when you post the details.

·
Banned
165 Posts
How much HP can the bottom end handle on the 3.5? Anyone care to venture a guess as to power level and or price. Just shooting from the hip I'm gonna say $4,000 and 325 RWHP....

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
How much HP can the bottom end handle on the 3.5? Anyone care to venture a guess as to power level and or price. Just shooting from the hip I'm gonna say $4,000 and 325 RWHP....
I agree $4,000 probably is close and 325 seems a little low. Maybe 350-375 depending on the psi.:redcap:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I believe he does have an intercooler, atleast in the pile of parts he took a pic of iirc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright so here is the skinny, nobody out there makes a turbo kit for the V6 challenger, so me and my buddy made it. We have 2.5 inch 304 stainless pipe going back to a garrett t3/t4 turbo, with a synchronic 40mm wastegate. I have no intercooler in the system but will add one in the future. The BOV is handled by a tial Q series and sounds like music. I im making more boost then I know what to do with and man is it fun to drive. We are currently in the dyno/tuning stages with he car, and with the base tune I am making 140hp and 280tq. Obviously we have work to do, as this has never been done before so I will post dyno results as soon as we get everything tuned. Also ive spent $3400 on parts.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
be prepared for a flood of questions!
1) Stock injectors?
2) Did you change the map sensor?
3) How is the oil plumbing handled?

More pics of everything please
If this t3 turbo I have from a previous project was the right size I'd be very tempted to try this right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
srt-4 injectors
srt-4 map sensor

I ran oil from the sensor and had it return in the filler cap.

Also just put ebc rotors and pads (red stuff) on the car too...the thing stops better then an SRT now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts