Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at PBIR to see what was happening and to run the car. I lowered the rears to 21 lbs PSI only to find out at the end of the night that there is no air to be had at the track.

I tried to use the compressor that comes with the car to top off my rear tires. Just about useless. Ended up driving slowly to a station.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just mine?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine blew a couple fuses when I tried to use it for the first time. Good thing I was just trying to inflate someone else's spare tire and not stuck on the side of the road. I haven't tried it again. Anyone know if you can buy them and how much?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
My video above (thanks for the reference Cuda) and I don't have any issues. No it's not as fast as a real compressor, but it certainly works and has saved my butt twice now!

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
My video above (thanks for the reference Cuda) and I don't have any issues. No it's not as fast as a real compressor, but it certainly works and has saved my butt twice now!

This is a great video for our members. Thanks for making it. Very informative.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Just as an FYI I would only use the "goop" as a last ditch effort. I added a full emergency kit in the trunk well and inside the kit is my professional tire plug gun and tire plugs.

Honestly the holes I've plugged in ATV tires with plugs boggles the mind, so if I was ever stuck I'm sure I could make it home without using the goop! But the air compressor comes in handy! :)

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the video! I will revisit the issue. It was night and I may just not had enough patience.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just as an FYI I would only use the "goop" as a last ditch effort.
I agree. I thought I had a tire going down when the TPS went out. Accidentally left the dial on goop for a short time. There's a reason they say to keep the speeds under 50 mph. It throws the balance out dramatically.

I found out the hard way. It was on that setting from the factory. Check it's position before use.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have an air compressor for sale? Mine is shot......PM me please

1 - 12 of 12 Posts