Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
Cool, first skirt quarter car I have seen with the quarter glass extensions.
Stick on some Caprice SS emblems to really confuse the GM crowd.
HA! I did that back in the late 1990's. I doubt the "Caprice SS" parts can be found anywhere these days. I think I even have a spare set of the quarter scripts in a box around here somewhere.

I really upset the SS crowd when I hung out with them. Long line of cars... "Black SS, LT1", "Black SS, LT1", "Black SS, LT1"..."Hey this car looks different!" They would see the fender skirts and then the Caprice SS badging. The '91 got more attention than their very nicely done real Impala SS cars.

The black '91 has always been the 'toy'. The silver '92 was the daily driver. I sold it two months ago with 311k on the original motor/trans to make garage space for the (yet to arrive) Challenger. The '94 SS quarter windows are incredibly rare too - last time I saw them online they were over $1k asking on eBay. I told the new owner if the car ever has a problem to be sure and salvage the quarter windows out of it. These are real ones, not the 'faked' ones with the plastic applique glued to the original glass which were common back in the day.

Both L03 throttle body cars. Sort of like putting on an Arnold Schwarzenegger body suit - looks tough, but nothing to back it up. LOL! (Although I have a race prepped Dart SBC which might find its way in to the '91 someday...)

Wearing 9C1 wheels for winter driving:

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I tried Steve White, but their website was telling me about $200 for shipping. I called their customer service, but they said everyone in the parts department had left for the day. I'm on the west coast, so that's understandable. I was in a time crunch, needing the part asap, so I went with another source.

FEDEX: When it absolutely, positively needs to be there 3 days late. Yep, while it took 3 days to get from Lakeland FL to my local FEDEX distribution center about 20 miles from my house in Portland, it took them 5 days to make that final delivery. Geez. They blamed it on the COVID.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Covid ( Wuhan Flu ) of course they blame everything on it.
7B6145F3-4EF1-4214-99BA-FBB6A6F2B10C.jpeg
4E5CC46C-3630-4C19-A9B1-C7FFEAA48060.jpeg
It’s a real 95 SS with SRT8 seats installed. 314,000 miles

Y’all have some great looking Caprices out there in Challenger Land. 😁

21 - 23 of 23 Posts