Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the airbox lid on the 2015 SRT 392 the same layout/dimensions as one on an R/T?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,508 Posts
Is the airbox lid on the 2015 SRT 392 the same layout/dimensions as one on an R/T?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, they are interchangeable.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,508 Posts
Fresh air port is next to the air charge opening on the 392, but that may be a change across all modes using that air box. They will work with each other regardless of trim though.

·
Banned
429 Posts

Thanks in advance.
They should be is a non srt lid box, 2015 SRT 392 is the same as stock Scat

Why not just upgrade to a srt lid like I did
IMG_3540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they are interchangeable.
Fresh air port is next to the air charge opening on the 392, but that may be a change across all modes using that air box. They will work with each other regardless of trim though.
Thank You Nuke! I Appreciate the help! (y)

They should be is a non srt lid box, 2015 SRT 392 is the same as stock Scat

Why not just upgrade to a srt lid like I did
View attachment 999958

Thank You!

That's actually why I ask because that's been my plan for a while now. There is one in the for sale section that was fitted to an R/T that I'm thinking about getting. How much work was it to get the Hellcat lid to fit?

By the way, that's a Really Nice looking strut tower bar that you've got on your Scat Pack.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Thank You Nuke! I Appreciate the help! (y)

Thank You!

That's actually why I ask because that's been my plan for a while now. There is one in the for sale section that was fitted to an R/T that I'm thinking about getting. How much work was it to get the Hellcat lid to fit?

By the way, that's a Really Nice looking strut tower bar that you've got on your Scat Pack.
To be honest it took me about 45
Mins but going back and I did more work than necessary, if I would have have to do it again I would just smooth out IAT sensor port and seal it and also smooth the neck of the lid but I wouldn’t cut it as I see now that the intake ribbed plastic tube can be ran across but if you want to do it I can walk you thru it

I just ordered new white acrylic to make a actual badge for my strut brace, So I can match it with my other badges that I made for the car,

616B8A86-56CF-40A6-8753-1239D35DBCCE.jpg

A8E6CB9A-33CC-4EB9-B5F3-1993EE9D93BE.jpg

B285266E-EF9A-409A-B865-1594B741AD24.jpg

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest it took me about 45
Mins but going back and I did more work than necessary, if I would have have to do it again I would just smooth out IAT sensor port and seal it and also smooth the neck of the lid but I wouldn’t cut it as I see now that the intake ribbed plastic tube can be ran across but if you want to do it I can walk you thru it

I just ordered new white acrylic to make a actual badge for my strut brace, So I can match it with my other badges that I made for the car,

View attachment 999961
View attachment 999962
View attachment 999963

Thank You for the information and the guidance offer. I might take you up on that.

The setup that I was looking at in the for sale section has sold (not to me), but it just makes me not procrastinate and make my own. I can probably do it for about the same amount as he was selling his for but his was done. I know that if I do it myself though, that it will be done how I want it done and with your advice, it might not be take that much time to do.

You made your own badges? Those look Fantastic! Can you Please share how you make them because I have some ideas that I might try out?

Thanks again! I Appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,086 Posts
Only difference I can see

A Guy

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Only difference I can see

View attachment 999996

View attachment 999997

A Guy
Thanks Bill!

I see the air tube fitting (whatever it's called) placement to be different. I'll have to see where the Hellcat lid placement of it is, but that's easy to figure out. I can also just put a filter on the end of the hose and let it breathe in the open air or make a fitting on the box (pvc and some plastic welding or JB Weld will do it).

Plenty of options and I like that I'm not the first to do this which means that there are lots of examples to follow.

Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts