Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a dealer tell me he has heard a rumor from a "factory" guy that that either the SRT or the Green With Envy ordering is now on restriction with the possibility that the Green With Envy ordering may now actually be *gulp* over completely.

Any insiders know anything about this that they can share?? Please??? I am in the process of ordering a GWE and would not like it if it was already done.

JFF

·
Registered
899 Posts
I just had a dealer tell me he has heard a rumor from a "factory" guy that that either the SRT or the Green With Envy ordering is now on restriction with the possibility that the Green With Envy ordering may now actually be *gulp* over completely.

Any insiders know anything about this that they can share?? Please??? I am in the process of ordering a GWE and would not like it if it was already done.

JFF
Complete and utter BS

They havent even built any yet as far as I know

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just checked my on-line ordering system and SRT-8 ordering brings up an "on restriction" message. What that means to GWE is no way to decipher. The message is not "color" specific.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This is just speculation on my part but it seems Ground Effects is still back logged with Inaugural Editions still waiting to ship. Maybe they put a freeze on SRT ordering until the they can clear out the storage lots at GE.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is just speculation on my part but it seems Ground Effects is still back logged with Inaugural Editions still waiting to ship. Maybe they put a freeze on SRT ordering until the they can clear out the storage lots at GE.
Yeah, this makes somes sense I think. Plus, there is now a posted parts shortage due to weather and possibly other factors(?) which has caused them to shut down first shift today and possibly others. Sounds like a temporary thing at best.

At least I hope so. :)

JFF

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah, this makes somes sense I think. Plus, there is now a posted parts shortage due to weather and possibly other factors(?) which has caused them to shut down first shift today and possibly others. Sounds like a temporary thing at best.

At least I hope so. :)

JFF
Should be, I'm glad mine squeaked out the door yesterday. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Brampton is closed for 1st shift today but 2nd shift is supposed to go on unaffected.

Based on how slowly Dodge ever updates their websites, I can't see the closure affecting the orders though! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts