Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to dealer today to trade in 09 RT for an SRT8 392- What are the audio options ?? I have sound group 2 in my Rt , no nav , and I'm happy with that .. The website & salesman aren't clear on what sound options are available ..

So I want a nav and sound group 2 w/ the 368 amp and subwoofer is that an option on the SRT ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe the SRT 392 comes standard with the 430 (non-nav) and Sound Group II.

You can upgrade to the 430N or 730N (both nav units).

You can also upgrade to the Harmon Kardon Audio Group. Do a search on this site for information/problems regarding this upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
The base audio system (amp & speakers) will be the 276W Boston Acoustics 6-speaker audio.
It will be similar to the R/T Sound Group II, but it won't have as much bottom end frequencies that you're familiar with.

The only SRT audio upgrade available is the Performance Audio (Harmon Kardon 900W) for $1,995 that puts coaxial and triax drivers in the 6 interior speaker locations and the dual subs in the spare tire well in the trunk floor.

When you option up to either 430N or 730N, the Performance Audio package is a mandatory bundled option in an SRT8, BTW...

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
If you don't want to pay for the HK, it's not too bad to DIY upgrade the Boston 6 speaker base SRT to a quasi Sound Group II. All you need to do is exchange the 276w amp for the 368w Kicker amp, it plugs/bolts right in. Then you have the option to add the center dash speaker and add the deck subwoofer to the back, if you wish to have the stock feel and appearance. Likely you'll have to run speaker wires as the SRT harness won't be the same as the R/T (typically). Some folks get lucky and they have the SGII harness and just have to plug in the amp and speakers. I did not; I added the amp, deck sub, ran a wire along the trim panel to the back and it works just fine with the regular 430 radio. I did not add the center dash, I chose to upgrade the 2 dash speakers to better BA tweeters.

One other thing, the Kicker amp did also add the 'dvd surround' mode setting - if you have it engaged listening to regular stereo audio it will sound fairly bad. It's pretty noticable - I thought I installed it wrong until I read about it online. Two clicks up/two clicks down quickly will change the mode with a slight pause. All in all I spent about $200 for the amp/sub speaker and some fresh speaker wire, done in about 2 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts