Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to get the opinion on the Challenger community, is it frown upon to place only the SRT badge on the grill and rear Spoiler on the Challenger Scats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,368 Posts
My opinion yes. But you are asking the internet, so you will get a bunch of different answers.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My opinion yes. But you are asking the internet, so you will get a bunch of different answers.
I ask cus some guys here in the forum badge their scats with srt and everyone compliments them so I thought maybe it was not frown upon

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me and my good friend were comparing his older charger SRT 392 to the new charger Scat Pack and they were almost identical very small differences in if any just the Brembo Brakes (which you can upgrade on the scat pack from a 4 piston to a 6 piston Brembo) the seats material, paddle shifters very minor differences both have the same 392 drive train, same HP and Torque, really both have the SRT software, both have the different drive modes that the SRT offers, although they have different suspension you can’t really tell, they both have that 392 Hemi Badging on the fenders just the front grill emblem is different his SRT 392 has the SRT emblem the Stack Pack has the Scat Pack Bee emblem so essentially we came the conclusion both are the same the Scat Pack is a SRT 392 and a SRT 392 is Scat Pack so badging one or the other the opposite it makes no difference and we concluded that Dodge Eliminated the SRT 392 to keep things simple the Scat Pack Essentially replaces the SRT 392 line up. So Badging the Scat Pack with SRT is not big deal since the Scat Pack is a SRT 392 but now only the SRT is associated with the Hellcat and Demon that’s why people frown upon now what are your thoughts

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
You, sir, are correct.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
I was on the fence placing a SRT emblem on a Scat Pack but insight my Scat Pack is a SRT 392

I wouldn’t bother with the SRT emblems, they will lose significance as time passes. A year or two from now, you may be hard pressed to find anyone that knows SRT used to be the top trim level of the Challengers. So instead of people seeing the SRT badge and admiring it, they may just wonder “what’s an SRT?”

And then there’s the worst case scenario where you run across people like my brother who prefers Chevys over Mopars, and honestly doesn’t know the difference between an SRT and an SXT...no really.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn’t bother with the SRT emblems, they will lose significance as time passes. A year or two from now, you may be hard pressed to find anyone that knows SRT used to be the top trim level of the Challengers. So instead of people seeing the SRT badge and admiring it, they may just wonder “what’s an SRT?”

And then there’s the worst case scenario where you run across people like my brother who prefers Chevys over Mopars, and honestly doesn’t know the difference between an SRT and an SXT...no really.
It’s just my spoiler is too naked lol I wanted to jazz it up a little lol

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
in a world where anyone can self identify as anything they want now days - instead of being proud of what they already are,..holy heck, why not!
If your Scatpack really believes itself to be an SRT just because it shares an engine and body with the SRT model (but lacking all the other SRT goodies), then thats good enough. SRT priviledge be damned I say!
Add some $9 hellcat heads, or china made ferrarri prancing ponys from ebay too...they are cheap and look bad @$$, it is after all, your car.. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your window sticker and vin disagree with you.
The Vin might disagree but when you look at the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 Window sticker and you see all the add ons and features they look almost look identical same 392 drive train both have the same SRT driving modes, same hood, both chargers even have the same Fender Badges the only difference was the grill badge one was SRT and one has the Scat Pack emblem and oddly enough the SRT emblem pegs align with the Scat Pack emblem and they both fit on either car we also saw is his SRT 392 comes with the 6 piston Brembo standard and Leather seats and the paddle shifters the SRT 392 the Scat Pack 392 comes with a 4 piston Brembo and cloth seats but you would have to upgrade to the dynamic package which gives you the same 6 piston Brembo and different suspension and you can get the plus package that gives you the Suede and leather seats so once again no different from the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 the slightly different suspension on my friends SRT 392 and a new Scat Pack Charger there was no difference driving it those small differences the SRT 392 and Scat pack 392 where identical so anything that I am missing features or drivetrain that separate the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 In a big way I don’t consider different paddle shifters to be a big differential

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
You know, you're the first person that's thought of doing just that.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in a world where anyone can self identify as anything they want now days - instead of being proud of what they already are,..holy heck, why not!
If your Scatpack really believes itself to be an SRT just because it shares an engine and body with the SRT model (but lacking all the other SRT goodies), then thats good enough. SRT priviledge be damned I say!
Add some $9 hellcat heads, or china made ferrarri prancing ponys from ebay too...they are cheap and look bad @$$, it is after all, your car.. :rolleyes:
I am not claiming that my scat pack is hellcat nor I am badging it has a hellcat however since Dodge no longer make the SRT 392 line up I had to purchase a challenger scat pack 392 and comparing it to my old charger SRT 392 and both are identical same 392 drivetrain same HP and Torque, same SRT driving modes and software, The only thing different from my Charger SRT 392 was the design paddle shifters, 6 to 4 Piston Bembro Brakes, and the interior was leather versus suede both claimed to have different suspension yet I felt no major difference so how come my Charger SRT 392 had the SRT badge in the front and it was okay to have SRT front grill emblem yet my Scat pack 392 that replaced the SRT 392 can not be considered as part of the SRT family the younger brother of the Hellcat and Demon?

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Hey, if you want to be a "SRT" poser with a SP, no one is stopping you.

Folks on both sides will grin and laugh, but it's your car.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The Vin might disagree but when you look at the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 Window sticker and you see all the add ons and features they look almost look identical same 392 drive train both have the same SRT driving modes, same hood, both chargers even have the same Fender Badges the only difference was the grill badge one was SRT and one has the Scat Pack emblem and oddly enough the SRT emblem pegs align with the Scat Pack emblem and they both fit on either car we also saw is his SRT 392 comes with the 6 piston Brembo standard and Leather seats and the paddle shifters the SRT 392 the Scat Pack 392 comes with a 4 piston Brembo and cloth seats but you would have to upgrade to the dynamic package which gives you the same 6 piston Brembo and different suspension and you can get the plus package that gives you the Suede and leather seats so once again no different from the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 the slightly different suspension on my friends SRT 392 and a new Scat Pack Charger there was no difference driving it those small differences the SRT 392 and Scat pack 392 where identical so anything that I am missing features or drivetrain that separate the SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 In a big way I don’t consider different paddle shifters to be a big differential

If you up badge a Scat Pack (I own a Scat Pack), you are just a poser. End of story.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, if you want to be a "SRT" poser with a SP, no one is stopping you.

Folks on both sides will grin and laugh, but it's your car.
So basically my older Charger SRT 392 was a poser from the factory cus I had the SRT emblem from the factory but like the Scat Pack 392 it was not a hellcat or demon and it was not supercharged

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you up badge a Scat Pack (I own a Scat Pack), you are just a poser. End of story.
Oddly enough the my buddies Charger SRT 392 that has some SRT software same driving modes same drive train is also is poser for having a SRT emblem on his grill that came from the factory I guess

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,733 Posts
You know, there've been a countless number of Scat Pack vs. SRT threads made here and they've one thing in common. They're virtually ALWAYS started by a SP owner trying to justify that THEIR car is ALMOST the same thing with different name, so therefore they actually ARE the same! Funny thing is, I've yet to see an SRT owner start a thread saying, "man, my SRT is almost the same as a SP, so I'm gonna put a bee and an R/T on the side." I wonder why that is? Could it be because SRT owners had a choice to buy one car or the other and they opted for an SRT?
I can install a supercharger, add black kitty and Hellcat badges all around, and at the end of the day, my car will NEVER be a Hellcat, even though both are SRTs and "similar"(they're not even close). They are what they are and I respect that fact.
I'm not down on any Challenger and the SP is a great car, but this comparison thing is getting old IMO. Why doesn't everyone petition Dodge to rename the SP an SRT if that's what they really want?

1 - 20 of 347 Posts