Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I installed the SRT chin spoiler and belly pan with brake ducts on my RT. Very easy upgrade. Takes about 2 hours.

·
Registered
77 Posts
looks awesome. any plans to run an air duct from the inlet on the chin spoiler to the intake?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
very nice ... well done speedy .. and thank you sir for all the vids you post ....

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
Another high quality Speedy's Garage "how to" video:thumbsup:

Really enjoyed it, thanks Speedy

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Nice video instruction Speedy - I may end up using that someday. Noticed the USMC plate in your video...you a Marine?

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice video instruction Speedy - I may end up using that someday. Noticed the USMC plate in your video...you a Marine?
Thanks everybody.

Yeah I was in the USMC right outta high school. Infantry unit, that was many years ago now.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Thanks everybody.

Yeah I was in the USMC right outta high school. Infantry unit, that was many years ago now.
well cool beans. Semper Fi, Speedy. I was infantry out of high school as well - 0311 with 1/4.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
looks awesome. any plans to run an air duct from the inlet on the chin spoiler to the intake?

Stack Performance does this with their CAI . they remove the brake duct on one side and claim some ram effect. They have a pre-filter that they use in addition to the standard filter for extra protection. I used this setup before my KB.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Great job! With all the coin you have dropped on the car now, you could've started with an SRT8. Just saying ;)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks for the great video speedy! This is just what I needed.:bigthumb: I have an SRT8 chin spoiler that I had gotten last year but haven't gotten around to installing it. You've inspired me to get the remaining parts and finish it off. Though I will probably have to wait until the weather warms a bit:browsmiley:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job! With all the coin you have dropped on the car now, you could've started with an SRT8. Just saying ;)
Haha. Honestly, being the master negotiator that I happen to be, I've barely got more than the $48K price for an SRT in my Challenger. The 1400HP axles put me a tick over the $46K mark.

Remember I got my R/T back in 2009 when they were giving them away at ESPP and 0% financing :guiness:

That's the main reason I went with the R/T vs. the SRT8 model. I knew I could build a car MUCH better than the SRT for less.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nope, that's not for me. I like mine up and away from rain/water/elements.
I completely agree. When I was debating between the traditional CAI and the Stack Performance CAI, I just thought any additional maintenance issues wouldn't be worth it (plus I'd want to do this SRT chin spoiler mod).

Wasn't sure if running a duct from the chin spoiler up to the CAI in the engine bay would be a problem since any water or elements would have to have some serious driving force to get up there.

Stack Performance does this with their CAI . they remove the brake duct on one side and claim some ram effect. They have a pre-filter that they use in addition to the standard filter for extra protection. I used this setup before my KB.
I did think about this, but having the filter so readily exposed to the elements didn't seem like something I wanted to deal with. Not that theres much rain in so cal anyways...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
people always think they can just route air directly to gain performance. not so !although it MAY work , any constriction , pressurization or turbulence can in effect restrict flow.
just food for thought as the ram air everyone desires ,seldom sees any significant gain. sorry to stray off topic ! JMO

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks good Speedy, nice job once again. I did mine last summer. It gives it a much more aggressive look than the stock R/T spoiler. I wondering if the new SRT lips will fit earlier models?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts