Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, I have an opportunity to pick up a new leftover 2013 Core in Plum Crazy. It's an auto car without a sunroof. The price is fantastic. I'm used to an RT Plus 6 spd manual with nav and a sunroof and am wondering what the opinions and feedback are on an auto Core model without (or even with) a sunroof. Appreciate any pics you can post too. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
wish I could help you out there but my SRT is loaded. The suspension, brakes and engine should more than make up for some of the frills of the R/T. The A5 is quite a bit quicker and more consistent in the 1/4 if you plan on racing it.

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
279 Posts
Why not hold out until the new R/Ts come out...392 engine and an updated cabin. Should make for some reduced prices on older models.

Personally, I love the SRT adaptive suspension and the HID lights. Seats are comfy, but the cloth ones are probably decent as well. Lower-end radio is a deal-breaker for me. I LOVE the HD unit (430/730) with NAV.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,329 Posts
I'd hold out for a bit to see how the 2015 affects the 2014 and older pricing. You can always add HID's or other suspension upgrades

Nick C.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
...but it's not a SCAT Pack ;) Are you sure it's a true MOPAR muscle car? ;) Just giving you a hard time LOL

That thing is SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if you can snag it for ~$38k

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
My opinion. I like the car better without the sunroof, so that's cool. The auto would be a problem for me, but that's a personal preference for sure. The Core is a great model, arguably the feature/option sweet spot for 2013-2014. I think it comes down to price. If they would sell it for $35k, I think it's a great deal. $37.5k, only if I really wanted it. Higher than that, no thanks.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
...but it's not a SCAT Pack ;) Are you sure it's a true MOPAR muscle car? ;) Just giving you a hard time LOL

That thing is SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if you can snag it for ~$38k
I was only interested in the stage kits because they offer a performance upgrade with warranty. I can't help what they're called. Ha. The Core is 36K. It's not like I was all about MOPAR parts, although if given an option I'd prefer factory options. Not sure I would like the auto though and the lack of options.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Does it have any options? I really like the Electronics Group and it is optional on the Core. The radio is no big deal as it is easily swapped but having Sound Group would also be nice. Also what about Voice Command and Bluetooth, both options on the Core too and I think mandatory.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They have a PCP where I Bought my RT from too. It's been on the lot for over 6 months. I would love that motor and brakes on my RT, but I would miss all the little stuff that makes the car so comfortable. If all you want is more power you should tell them to make you a deal you can't refuse.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Alright guys, I have an opportunity to pick up a new leftover 2013 Core in Plum Crazy. It's an auto car without a sunroof. The price is fantastic. I'm used to an RT Plus 6 spd manual with nav and a sunroof and am wondering what the opinions and feedback are on an auto Core model without (or even with) a sunroof. Appreciate any pics you can post too. Thanks!
It's funny you brought this up as I was looking online at a 2013 purple one by me with only 2 options: Sat radio and tire upgrade. They want $36.400 online (without even haggling). I know its been on the lot for about a year. Tempting for sure as I have a short commute and I don't need a lot of options. I like the purple, but I'm a Hemi Orange guy.

Hey, if you rank the performance at the top of what you want in a car and you have the wide open spaces to use it (I don't), then it sounds like a great deal. Don't forget the tax........

·
Registered
397 Posts
MuscleCarProf, that is a really tough call if I was in your shoes since that price is damn good for a 392 and I love Plum Crazy. I could go on in circles here but I'll keep it short:
- If getting the best deal is your main goal then grab the Core
- If getting the 392 with the trappings of the '15's and the deal and/or color is not the main goal get a '15.

Good luck either way as you will get a great car regardless! Just show us the pics when you have it.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I got the Core, added fog lights, Zoomers cat back, and I like the burlap seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does it have any options? I really like the Electronics Group and it is optional on the Core. The radio is no big deal as it is easily swapped but having Sound Group would also be nice. Also what about Voice Command and Bluetooth, both options on the Core too and I think mandatory.

Yeah, it's actually got options. From the window sticker:
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 22V
5-Speed Automatic Transmission
$ 1,200
Steering Wheel Mounted Paddle Shifters
Sport Mode
AutoStick(R) Automatic Transmission
3.06 Rear Axle Ratio
Remote Start System
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
$ 195
For More Information, Call 888-539-7474
Uconnect(R) Voice Command with
Bluetooth(R)
$ 395
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/
Microphone
Bluetooth(R) Streaming Audio
Remote USB Port
Gas Guzzler Tax
$ 1,000
DESTINATION CHARGE $ 995
TOTAL PRICE:* $

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I got the Core, added fog lights, Zoomers cat back, and I like the burlap seats.
Nice car. I'd want to add a catback and auto headlights (if that's possible). Has anyone added auto lights?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
That's a pretty good deal for a damn nice car, too bad it doesn't have the chrome vapor wheels. Instead those base wheels are cast aluminum, not the stronger and lighter forged. I'm sure in the real world the actual difference is negligible, but that is kind of my least favorite design.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
Good price, really nice engine, go for it

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That's a pretty good deal for a damn nice car, too bad it doesn't have the chrome vapor wheels. Instead those base wheels are cast aluminum, not the stronger and lighter forged. I'm sure in the real world the actual difference is negligible, but that is kind of my least favorite design.
I know, man I'm temped! The muscle car enthusiast in me likes the "pure" form of the core with the basics + big badass engine. Plus, I wouldn't be as worried about the kiddies spilling sh!t on the back seat to and from daycare...

·
Registered
968 Posts
A bit less than I paid for mine brand new, so a good deal. The core model was the best choice I could have made.

I think the wheels are the best looking option aside from premium wheels. and as far as I know, black vapor chromes are not forged either.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts