Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of upgrading my R/T's exhaust system to an SRT system. I've already purchased the manifolds and mid pipes and now I have a lead on the catback portion of the system. I was hoping someone could answer the following question for me:

Are the SRT exhaust systems off of a 2013 different for a 6-spd car vs. an auto car?

The system I'm buying is off of a 2013 SRT but the guy doesn't know if it was an auto or manual. It's new enough to have the stickers on it still and he only wants $100 for it.

Attached is a picture of the system. I'm supposed to be picking it up tomorrow so any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
as far as I am aware, 2013 SRT exhausts are different sizes on different transmissions.

so I think you'll need to find out for sure which it came off of.

I think one is 2.5 and one is 2.75

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting - I thought that was what the difference between the R/T & SRT exhaust was; 2.5" vs 2.75"

I know th eolder SRT exhausts on the Auto's had the big suitcase muffler instead of two smaller bottle mufflers. I didn't know if that was true for the 2013s as well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You're right about the size. The photo looks the same as my 6sp exhaust.
Not sure what the auto looks like for 13' but it used to be the suitcase muffler
you mentioned.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay, bought the system. It was off of an auto - the guy selling it called the person he got them from and asked him.

With a little help of another member on here who had two systems off of a 2013 6-spd SRT laying around in his shop we were able to verify that the 6-spd and auto systems are different.

The layout of the systems are the same but the part numbers on the mufflers are different. They have the same external shell part number but a different part number for the internals.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
SRT Exhaust

I am in the process of upgrading my R/T's exhaust system to an SRT system. I've already purchased the manifolds and mid pipes and now I have a lead on the catback portion of the system. I was hoping someone could answer the following question for me:

Are the SRT exhaust systems off of a 2013 different for a 6-spd car vs. an auto car?

The system I'm buying is off of a 2013 SRT but the guy doesn't know if it was an auto or manual. It's new enough to have the stickers on it still and he only wants $100 for it.

Attached is a picture of the system. I'm supposed to be picking it up tomorrow so any help is appreciated!
Good grief the mufflers off the SRT are funky and restrictive looking.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
Your probably referring to the huge resonators near the tips, and yes they are restrictive. But they are what keeps the drone away.
That being said I am soon replacing mine with a Magnaflow axel back exhaust. The stock tube mufflers upstream are good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Good grief the mufflers off the SRT are funky and restrictive looking.
Looks can be deceiving, there aren't much gains to be realized with full aftermarket cat back systems other
than "sound".

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Funky looking factory mufflers

Your probably referring to the huge resonators near the tips, and yes they are restrictive. But they are what keeps the drone away.
That being said I am soon replacing mine with a Magnaflow axel back exhaust. The stock tube mufflers upstream are good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So if I put a set of turbo flows on I can expect the "drone" unless I use the factory mufflers.
I was considering doing some LT headers/turbo flows.
Those "funky" looking factory mufflers - factory exhaust was also a consideration with LT headers; I cant tolerate the drone; I am in my car too much using a cell.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
Changing the stock exhaust will cause drone in varied degrees depending on what products used and configuration.
The drone effect is most noticeable on the Automatic cars when in MDS mode.
It will take many hours of reading through the exhaust treads to learn and make your best descision as for what is best tolerated for you on your car

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Stock exhaust

Changing the stock exhaust will cause drone in varied degrees depending on what products used and configuration.
The drone effect is most noticeable on the Automatic cars when in MDS mode.
It will take many hours of reading through the exhaust treads to learn and make your best descision as for what is best tolerated for you on your car
It sounds pretty throaty now; I can imagine this could get loud as heck. If I were back in HS, those mufflers would already be gone and there would be straight pipes.
I am seriously considering LT headers with stock exhaust or replacing the stock mufflers with something but not changing out both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts