Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing the dates at Willow Springs? I was going to do Fontana
when it came around again but just saw Willow Springs on the schedule.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
sugest you go to LAs Vegas best track for speed.......and road course......

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm not so sure, have you been to Willow Springs? It's a true road course, which for the events at the SRTE seems like it would be best suited. Las
Vegas wouldn't be a bad idea but I could get into more trouble there, lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,866 Posts

I agree. Go to the track where you can really test the speed of these cars. I made the mistake of going to a local autocross track- Old Bridge. It was a big mistake. The track was very small and the road surface was brutal. In addition it rained all day. We never got over 75 mph! The professional drivers said that it is the worst track that they drive on.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey guys, thank you for posting this. I just registered with VA International Raceway. I haven't been there. Any idea on how it is?

Aslo do you drive their cars? or you need to bring your ride with ya!

GOTSRT

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Be careful not to judge a book by its cover.

There's a real good chance that the SRT Experience will not do the entire road course, as you see in the big picture, but more of something like this;

With the amount of participants participating, plus the other events that they need to cover, they need to stay on a schedule. I've never been to Willow Springs, but I did attend Fontana. The road course there was small, but it was neccessary for their schedule. They also don't want participants doing a whole lot of speed under their supervision as well. Too much liability involved.

I would find out exactly before you decide to commit. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I agree. Go to the track where you can really test the speed of these cars. I made the mistake of going to a local autocross track- Old Bridge. It was a big mistake. The track was very small and the road surface was brutal. In addition it rained all day. We never got over 75 mph! The professional drivers said that it is the worst track that they drive on.
Road Atlanta opened up last year, I believe for a single day. I was one of the lucky few.

Top speeds on the back stretch were about 130mph, the "pace" cars wouldn't let us go any faster. Without them slowing us down, I think about 133-135mph would be possible.

How fast are the other tracks? Post up . . . with my new 2010 PCP, I get another track experience, and want to go faster than 130mph...

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Hey guys, thank you for posting this. I just registered with VA International Raceway. I haven't been there. Any idea on how it is?

Aslo do you drive their cars? or you need to bring your ride with ya!

GOTSRT
We did VIR in July 09. Great track. Road course is fantastic. Instructors said VIR is one of the BEST tracks for the Experience. I rode with a professional driver on the road course. We did 130 mph in a Charger. The 2 Challengers behind us hung back and did 135.

You get to drive the SRT Experience cars.

We will doing the experience again later this year, as we just purchased another Challenger SRT. Can't wait. Doing Beaverun In Pa.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be careful not to judge a book by its cover.

There's a real good chance that the SRT Experience will not do the entire road course, as you see in the big picture, but more of something like this;

So true, although from checking their website it shouldn't be the
one you boxed, that's the Kart track. I have friends who've raced
WS but didn't do the SRT Experience there, hoping someone had
so they could give a little insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone ever done Laguna Seca? I'm signed up for the 5th of February. I did Infineon back in 2005 but never Laguna Seca.

Kinda funny, I just bought my SRT8 used a couple weeks ago and for the heck of it I ran the VIN on the SRT Track Experience website and found out the original owner never used it! Free track experience?! Hell Yessss!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone ever done Laguna Seca? I'm signed up for the 5th of February. I did Infineon back in 2005 but never Laguna Seca.

Kinda funny, I just bought my SRT8 used a couple weeks ago and for the heck of it I ran the VIN on the SRT Track Experience website and found out the original owner never used it! Free track experience?! Hell Yessss!!!

You could PM XERyder over LX forums, I know he's been on that track a
bunch. Here's video link.

Nice work on getting the SRTE on your Challenger!! Pays to check as I've
heard less than 1/2 use their SRTE.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
So true, although from checking their website it shouldn't be the
one you boxed, that's the Kart track. I have friends who've raced
WS but didn't do the SRT Experience there, hoping someone had
so they could give a little insight.
It might be worth a phone call. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
They will limit you to the smaller track. At Fontana it was two laps at time. Because the cars would run too hot after two laps. Hit 240 +. You could really smell the coolant. Had to run with the heater on. 90 degree day.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They will limit you to the smaller track. At Fontana it was two laps at time. Because the cars would run too hot after two laps. Hit 240 +. You could really smell the coolant. Had to run with the heater on. 90 degree day.
Well if they do the Streets of Willow or Horse Thief Mile both look pretty cool as well, the Kart track not so much, hoping that's too small for full size cars
to race on.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
....................................................SRT Track Experience: 2011
The schedule just came out for 2011:

LOCATION ......................................................... DATE ................ AVAILABILITY
Laguna Seca -Salinas, CA ................................... 02/05/2011.................. OPEN
Willow Springs Intl Raceway-Rosamond, CA ............ 02/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 02/17/2011.................. OPEN
MSR Houston-Angleton, TX ................................. 03/18/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 03/19/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 03/20/2011.................. OPEN
Texas Motor Speedway-Ft. Worth, TX .................. 03/25/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 03/26/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 03/27/2011.................. OPEN
California Speedway-Fontana, CA ........................ 04/15/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 04/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 04/17/2011.................. OPEN
Las Vegas Motor Speedway-Las Vegas, NV ............ 04/28/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 04/29/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 04/30/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 05/01/2011.................. OPEN
Daytona Intl Speedway-Daytona Beach, FL ............ 05/19/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 05/20/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 05/21/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 05/22/2011.................. OPEN
Homestead-Miami Speedway-Homestead, FL .......... 05/27/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 05/28/2011.................. OPEN
New Hampshire Motor Speedway-Loudon, NH .......... 06/10/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/11/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/12/2011.................. OPEN
Old Bridge Township Raceway Park-Englishtown, NJ . 06/15/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/17/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/18/2011.................. OPEN
Michigan Intl Speedway-Brooklyn, MI .................... 06/29/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 06/30/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 07/01/2011.................. OPEN
New Jersey Motorsports Park-Millville, NJ ............... 07/15/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 07/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 07/17/2011.................. OPEN
Virginia Intl Raceway-Alton, VA ............................ 07/26/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 07/27/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 07/28/2011.................. OPEN
Autobahn Country Club-Joliet, IL .......................... 08/12/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/13/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/14/2011.................. OPEN
Old Bridge Township Raceway Park-Englishtown, NJ . 08/18/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/19/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/20/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/21/2011.................. OPEN
Pocono Raceway-Long Pond, PA .......................... 08/26/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/27/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 08/28/2011.................. OPEN
BeaveRun Motorsports Complex-Wampum, PA ......... 09/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 09/17/2011.................. OPEN
Road America-Elkhart Lake, WI ............................ 09/27/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 09/28/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 09/29/2011.................. OPEN
Texas Motor Speedway-Ft. Worth, TX .................. 10/07/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 10/08/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 10/09/2011.................. OPEN
Firebird Raceway-Chandler, AZ ............................ 10/21/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 10/22/2011.................. OPEN
Las Vegas Motor Speedway-Las Vegas, NV ............ 10/28/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 10/29/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 10/30/2011.................. OPEN
California Speedway-Fontana, CA ......................... 11/03/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 11/04/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 11/05/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 11/06/2011.................. OPEN
Thunderhill Raceway Park-Willows, CA ................... 11/16/2011.................. OPEN
..................................................................... 11/17/2011.................. OPEN

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was hoping to do Willow Springs but it was canceled. Then California Speedway spring dates but work took care of
that. Thinking maybe Vegas end of the month or CS in the fall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts