Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 challenger scatpack Widebody
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys. Any one selling just the extended paddles ? I know some people are selling the complete units but those are the old part number that are have now been updated to try to correct downshifting problems. I willing to buy the old units because all im using is the paddles but some guys want almost the same as buying to new updated parts.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I think you have to buy the paddle shifter assembly. Good luck with your search.

BTW: after installing mine, I noticed they are 2 different colors and finishes. The left is a shinier finish, more like silver, the right is duller, more of a grey.
This bugs me every time I get in my car. Not much I can do, oh well!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have to buy the paddle shifter assembly. Good luck with your search.

BTW: after installing mine, I noticed they are 2 different colors and finishes. The left is a shinier finish, more like silver, the right is duller, more of a grey.

View attachment 1022750 View attachment 1022749
Was it worth the change

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Was it worth the change
Yes, had the colors been matching I would be 100% pleased. I did it because they add 5 hp, too! That's what I read on the interwebs.

Swap takes like 10 minutes, there's youtube videos on how to do it the easy way. You will need a super small torx fitting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, had the colors been matching I would be 100% pleased. I did it because they add 5 hp, too! That's what I read on the interwebs.

Swap takes like 10 minutes, there's youtube videos on how to do it the easy way. You will need a super small torx fitting.
Aweseome so you just swapped the paddles kept the original switches in

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Yes:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also swapped just the paddles on my 2020 Scat Pack... and a month later my 2020 SP right switch went bad and wouldn't work. So I had to remove the Airbag and swap the complete assemblies.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts

View attachment 1022750 View attachment 1022749
That’s an easy fix, buy a six speed and have a true reason to shift.
My pickup rides like a dream, I could manually shift it but that defeats the purpose of having an auto trans. I will never get shifting an auto transmission.
Oh well, enjoy it if you think that’s fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts