Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any feature that an SRT has that i don't have on my SE prototype?

i can't think of anything else to add. i believe i have everything and more already.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Do you have the keyless entry working yet? And a button on your trunk that senses your keys to pop the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your car have auto-UP windows? I know it isn't on the SRTs either, but would be a nice option to have.

there are no door control modules for this feature on the drop windows. if the challengers didn't have the drop windows, it could be added.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the keyless entry working yet? And a button on your trunk that senses your keys to pop the trunk?
you mean passive entry.

i have added the extra LF antennas and wired in the passive button. but i have been unable to figure out the door handle configuration files. i need to borrow someones 2010 chrysler 300 with passive entry and scan the cars configuration. i hope to have it working by the summer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
there are no door control modules for this feature on the drop windows. if the challengers didn't have the drop windows, it could be added.
Ahh, I see. My '06 Mustang had auto up and down windows, and also had the drop down upon open windows. I don't suppose there is a way to make the modules talk to each other though, eh?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
How about some nice luxury car styled "puddle lights" for when you unlock the door.

Headlight washer nozzles? That would look kind of dumb on the challenger but thought I'd bring it up.... saw someone do that on a 2000 Subaru Impreza, looked pretty cool.

Do you have a trunk net? These cars are seriously missing a trunk net with the size of those trunks and all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
...a 5th forward gear?

Just giving you a hard time!
I'm very impressed with what you have been able to accomplish (thanks for solving the steering wheel switch problem :bigthumb:). You've succeeded where others have failed and have trailblazed new paths.

BTW, did you ever get the "auto-stick" working and installed in your car?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also, how about getting heated and cooled cup holders? I know that the SRT's don't actually have them, but the new chargers have them. and adaptive cruise control. I remember you posting a pic of the EVIC having the car distance thing. Maybe you can hook it up to work?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will get that 4-speed autostick working someday. i am pulling the trans out in two week for s shift kit and custom made converter. i will look deeper into this project then.

the adaptive cruise control seems very doable. i will look into it more after a catch up on a few others in the works right now.

·
Registered
402 Posts
the adaptive cruise control seems very doable. i will look into it more after a catch up on a few others in the works right now.
Awesome. I will be getting a 11' challenger so I hopefully will be able to get the buttons for the steering wheel from the charger. Let us know when you begin!

·
Registered
205 Posts
redletterdodge.com has an article up....
a guy in florida made his own flappy-paddle shifters. ;)

i think he sells em.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i went through way too much work to build an autostick shifter for the 4-speed to scrap it and go with the paddle shifters. but if i did go with the paddle shifters, i would use the Mercedes AMG paddles.

i prefer the American muscle car look over the european sports car look. that's just me.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
since every SE has the added spoiler, i figured i will be the only one without it. these cars look great with or without the spoiler.

i am thinking about adding the:

premium tire pressure system
factory heated seats (in the works right now)
heated steering wheel

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i will get that 4-speed autostick working someday. i am pulling the trans out in two week for s shift kit and custom made converter. i will look deeper into this project then.

I gotta admint you are the man:bigthumb: Tony scale of one to 10 and cost how can I get that SRT performance / MPG gauge into my ride. Too bad you were not local, I'd help with the trans project as I'm rapping up my autoX build.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you need to add the EVIC cluster and steering wheel switches first. then i can add the performance pages to the EVIC's page menu.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
since every SE has the added spoiler, i figured i will be the only one without it. these cars look great with or without the spoiler.

i am thinking about adding the:

premium tire pressure system
factory heated seats (in the works right now)
heated steering wheel
I want factory heated seats & steering wheel. I have the leather seats and steering wheel, but no heat. How about a power passenger seat or just power seat back for the passenger seat?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Love your look Tony...in fact it's what I fashioned mine after. Looks just like the SRT at half the cost. I'm constantly asked "how do you like the Hemi"....I always tell the truth that it's the v6 but it just goes to show that not many know how to tell them apart.

Steve

1 - 20 of 38 Posts