Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't for my benefit but possibly the people out there looking at SRT's vs R/T models.

Is the gas guzzler tax included in the MSRP? Excuse my ignorance, but I never even shopped for an SRT. I knew I wanted an R/T Classic. Just thought that at over $2K, if it's NOT in the MSRP, it's certainly a consideration when comparing prices between the two.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The gas guzzler tax is included in the MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
One tip. If you buy your SRT out of state, when you register it, make sure that they base the sales tax on the dealer's sale price. The gas guzzler tax should not be included. You should not be taxed on tax. Otherwise, you will have to pay another $100-120 (depending on your state's tax rate).

·
Registered
109 Posts
One tip. If you buy your SRT out of state, when you register it, make sure that they base the sales tax on the dealer's sale price. The gas guzzler tax should not be included. You should not be taxed on tax. Otherwise, you will have to pay another $100-120 (depending on your state's tax rate).
That's a good point, seems like that should be pulled out from any buy when calculating sales tax. I will have to look into that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
From what I have read so far, the gas guzzler tax is actually paid by Chrysler for building the car and they just tack it on the price. It's basically just another cost along with many other taxes that add to the cost that we must pay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts