Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I can drive from Atlanta to Savannah GA and get 24.5mpg running 80 most of the way (3 hour trip) . Usually mds doesn't run too often above 75 on my car. I imagine if I ran 75mph then I would get another few mpg out of her.

I love my car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
DITTO! Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
This is some valuable information. Was hoping to get some feedback like this. Assuming you indeed have a Scat or SRT...
Yes, it is a 15' Scat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do like MDS.
Have it on my 2011 Charger. No problems.
I've never reset my Average MPG since I bought my Challenger new.
I've been able to get it up from 14.X to 17.4 but hardly ever on the highway.
The only times I've been on the highway has been to go to the local drag strip. I did gain on my MPG on my 50 min trip to the strip but lost it all after a few runs down the track. :grin2:
I'll have to check out that Trip "B" computer, as Hal H mentioned. If that proves good, I'll reset my avg MPG and start fresh. It's too hard to get the average up when you're averaging out thousands of miles.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Does MDS have a tendency to go wrong often? Haven't heard of anyone's going haywire.
The worst that happens (and fairly rare) is if an MDS solenoid dies.
There's 4 of them. Unbolt the intake, remove bolt for solenoid, remove connector and replace - reverse the process.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the SRT, havent driven much highway until this past weekend. Only had a 1000 miles on the car, driven locally and back roads etc since it is a toy. On trip B averaged about 18 mpg for first 1000 miles Took a long trip, all highway, cruise set at 70 mph. Drove 180 miles to visit family. Gassed up before and once arrived. Trip A said 26.9, calulated distance/gallons actual 27.5 :)

Drove back home and was avg about 26 mpg on the trip A and trip B cumulative is up to 24.5 :)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Driving on the back roads adjacent to the highway at ~55mph nets me 38-42 mpg.

Most of the time, the highway is populated by idiots going ~65mph who fluctuate their speed frequently. If I'm going to go slow, I'd rather have no one in front and save gas while I'm at it.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Most of the time, the highway is populated by idiots going ~65mph who fluctuate their speed frequently. If I'm going to go slow, I'd rather have no one in front and save gas while I'm at it.
Is that the reading while you are driving at 55mph?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

38-42 mpg. Is it also down hill? LOL!

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
I'm looking forward to another "Rocky Mountain Road Trip" the week of the 4th with my son. It's our yearly vacation together, just putting on some (s)miles as we cruise a variety of roads, and suck it all in.

I'll reset the "trip A" and see what we get for the entire trip this time, but on the last couple of trips with the Scat Pack in Sport mode all the time, we got between 25-26 mpg for the entire trip, which was about 2k (s)miles.

I've been very pleased with the 392's trip mileage, running on all eight, all the time, and plan on doing it this way again.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I typically average around 19.5-21 mpg with mostly hwy driving . I also go from 1st to 3rd to 5th while driving in the city. These cars get crazy mpg considering what’s under the hood, but if you put your foot down they will GUZZLE 93 octane like a frat boy does cheap beer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was just about to broach this subject when I saw this thread. Last week we set out on our first somewhat lengthy ride. I planned on using this to check gas mileage. Here's the detail:

2018 SRT, M-6 transmission, and 3,600 miles on the odometer.
1,202 mile trip, San Diego, Sacramento, Sierras and back to San Diego
Best guess 80% freeway at 75-80, 10% city and 10% mountain

The car's computer gave me 24.1 mpg, but when I added up my gas purchases and factored in mileage I came up with 24.7.

All things considered I think this is pretty damn good for a car that weighs what an SRT does and is powered the way it is. Checking previous posts this doesn't seem all that unusual.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ha... surprised to see this SRT gas mileage thread pop up again. I took a recent 900 mile trip and wanted to see what she could do. I set the cruise for 64 and just left it there. After one complete tank of gas it registered 30.8mpg

Now I know what I didn't know 9 months ago when I started this thread: that my SRT 392 can get this kind of mileage on the highway, and that I can routinely get 20 around town.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I typically average around 19.5-21 mpg with mostly hwy driving . I also go from 1st to 3rd to 5th while driving in the city. These cars get crazy mpg considering what’s under the hood, but if you put your foot down they will GUZZLE 93 octane like a frat boy does cheap beer.
My T/A 392 gets about the same. I do some city driving which puts a huge dent in MPG, but I commute 40 miles each way to work so that MPG is way higher.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ha... surprised to see this SRT gas mileage thread pop up again. I took a recent 900 mile trip and wanted to see what she could do. I set the cruise for 64 and just left it there. After one complete tank of gas it registered 30.8mpg

Now I know what I didn't know 9 months ago when I started this thread: that my SRT 392 can get this kind of mileage on the highway, and that I can routinely get 20 around town.
Really??? 20 in the city. I get in the 14s. NO highway. That's where one saves. I firmly believe you save everywhere!
Hahaha. Then again I don't go anywhere, so...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Really??? 20 in the city. I get in the 14s. NO highway. That's where one saves. I firmly believe you save everywhere!
Hahaha. Then again I don't go anywhere, so...
You get 14 mpg... Since I had the privilege of riding with you one day, I'm surprised you can get that much :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
You get 14 mpg... Since I had the privilege of riding with you one day, I'm surprised you can get that much :smile:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Well no, maybe not that particular trip. It WILL use some gas!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
20 Participants
silver scat
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing