Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for any info on installing a used SRT Harman Kardon Sub woofer in a R/T. My 2013 challenger has the base audio package from the factory. I was looking to see if anyone was able to install the OEM sub in the spare tire section of the trunk. I don’t think my car has the connector on the wire harness in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,579 Posts
It would be easier to go the aftermarket route. Trying to make the factory sub work in a vehicle which did not come with it, especially one which only has the base audio setup, is going to be a gigantic pain in the butt. And to top it all off, the results you get from that factory sub mounted in that spot will likely be less than stellar, so it could all conceivably be for nothing if you get it done and end up not liking it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I tried a version of this. I used the factory HK sub box loaded with a pair of Polk DB subs powered by a Kenwood 600 watt amp. It wasn't bad but I am used to having more bass. I switched back to a single JL Audio 10w6 just sitting behind the rear seat.
I am still looking at options since I don't like losing any trunk space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts