Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, Im looking to pick up some factory SRT header bolts. I have a set of SRT headers and mids Im going to put on my 14 RT. Just need some inexpensive bolts.
Also, possibly looking at getting a factory SRT dipstick tube. I plan on reusing the low mileage SRT gaskets if it wont hurt to reuse.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Not to dissuade you in your search, but the major pain in the butt it is to get at those bolts in the first place it would be prudent to get something better than OEM. OEM might be fine but once they are loosened they seem to pick some inopportune time to loosen on their own. Again, just sayin...an ounce of prevention prevents busted knuckles, thrown tools, alcohol abuse, kicked dogs and other severe attitude behaviors after trying to get at these bolts to replace gaskets.

Reactions: orrwhat

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Ill get stainless studs or locking bolts instead. Thanks for the persuasion! I put long tube on a buddies RT and it wasn't bad at all.
I guess close the thread mods!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did this mod to my R/T and haven't had an issues with the oem bolts loosining up. That was 6 month ago. The part # on the bolts is 6503131. The SRT dipstick tube part# is 5037660af the dipstick is 5037739ab. I used an on line company oe discount parts.

·
Registered
896 Posts
And I'll add that this is a worthwhile mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.