Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bigthumb:I just got a great deal on a SRT exhaust system, came with Factory SRT headers, bolts, catted mids, and SRT Xpipe, i also have a brand new Flowmaster SRT thunder series exhaust systen to install to.. My question is do i need O2 extenders, and do i need a a custom tune to run this system on my 2010 R/T 6SPD :disgust:

·
Registered
665 Posts
You will need the 02 extenders other wise you will throw a code b/c they wont reach. You shouldn't need a custom tune the srt manifolds are great improvement over the stock R/t manifolds, but there not improving the air flow as much as a pair of long tubes that would require a tune.

Short answer is no tune is needed although you can tune to gain the maximum benefits from the swap if you have the funds to do so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read somewhere that i need only one extender on the pass side and Jegs has them for $30.00 i was going to guts the Cats outs but now i will just install them and save the $$. buy a trinity tuner then install a set of Kooks LT in a year.:pimp:

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
You'll need both O2 sensors on both sides unless you plan on shutting them off w a tuner that still allows this (ie Predator w older Crom...software). Not good for inspection in many states though.

I don't think you will need a custom tune for LTs unless you go heads and cam but thats just my two bits.

HemiSam

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
You'll need both O2 sensors on both sides unless you plan on shutting them off w a tuner that still allows this (ie Predator w older Crom...software). Not good for inspection in many states though.

I don't think you will need a custom tune for LTs unless you go heads and cam but thats just my two bits.

HemiSam

truuuu, and hows the catless mids doing??? Did you gain anything by putting em on?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Hey bud! Good to hear from you. They sound absolutely fierce. I've run them but we did some other things at the same time so I couldn't tell you a before and after. I'm happy with them. Only complaint is KOOKS would be better off not letting them come down so low. I'm dropped so the bumps are entertaining...

Hope all is well in FL. Nice ride!

HemiSam

·
Registered
406 Posts
I didn't have to buy the extenders. I just got creative and re-routed the wires to reach, and zip tied them in place. Worked on my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts