Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up a pair of SRT headers and going to install them on my 16 R/T+. I need to buy header bolts and a buddy suggested using Stage8 bolts over OEM. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
879 Posts
That's not a bad Idea at all. If I decide to change my header bolts, I'd pick up a set of Stage 8 Locking fasteners....... You may need to pick up the SRT8 Dipstick as well. This is another issue that you could run into when performing this swap, or modify the stock dipstick bolt to work with the new header bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
The 6.1 bolts come with heat activated locker, take a look at those. Stage 8 bolts are a great idea but the problem is accessibility to the bolts to get the locks on. I could barely touch the header bolts to get them out and back in let alone getting locks on.

·
Registered
879 Posts
For those of us who have gone the route of doing this conversion, Did you all get 6.1 bolts and a 6.1 dipstick? I'm in the process of taking out the bolt on the passenger side of my engine that hold the oil dip stick in, and replacing it with the stainless steel bolt I originally got. I had to modify it to make it work with the 5.7 dipstick though. Hopefully this will correct my exhaust tick, that is ruining my 270 sound. Any ideas to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts