Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
...interesting that the standard non hellcat SRT in the picture also appears to have them, unless this silver car is some in between model, using some hellcat features but not the engine.
My guess is that since the engine and suspension components are assembled together, before the body is dropped onto the frame, that is why we are seeing the six piston Brembos in a regular '15 body. I'm leaning towards they are still testing the Hellcat (the reason for the delay to late May or early June). Also, I remember that a lot of sources have said that the "Hellcat" powered Challenger will have a completely different front bumper than the other models, of course 6 piston Brembos in red paint, 275 tires all around, quad exhaust tips, different hood with extractors on either side of the AAR style scoop and different rear and front panels to accommodate wider tires.

I guess we will have to wait until late May or early June to find out what the "Hellcat" powered Challenger will ACTUALLY look like. Because, right now a lot of things are not adding up from recent pics and insider information.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have to say I am so damn curious to see what pans out with the SRT. I am not
spending 70K on a Challenger, and with the announcement of the "Scat Pack 392" RT
I've already shot an email off to my dealer for more info when it becomes available.

Why would I buy a non "Premium" SRT with the same engine as the Scat Pack RT?

I just feel like all SRT's are going to be Hellcat's. If I am wrong then they better bring
a 550+ horse 392 to the non Hellcat SRT if it exists.
Okay, but are you going to shell out $60K for a SRT Challenger then? That is my concern if they come out with a 550HP SRT Premium 392, that they'll tack on another 10-15K over the current SRT model. I mean, figure the new 2015 R/T 392 will be priced around the same as a Core 392 or with the scat pack appearance, you'll get up to $45K or so easily. So a 392 SRT has to go well over 50K then if they bump up the HP considerably. I'm not real thrilled with forking out too much more money than what I paid for in 2011 for my SRT. I'll be fine with a 392 R/T (minus the silly bee emblems) if the Premium SRT turns out to be too much money.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Okay, but are you going to shell out $60K for a SRT Challenger then?
Not at all.. I'm not willing to shell out any more than 40K and change. That's why I am inquiring about the
Scat Pack 392 :)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I wonder if the HellCat hood will feed air to the engine? Doesn't look like it will.

Also, if that black car is a HellCat, the tail pipes don't look like quads in that picture.
The newer hood would feed air over the supercharger to keep it cool.

One more?
Hehe, that's an early-on rendering I made in photoshop for the 2015 Challenger Refresh Thread. ResumeSpeed had a few comments that helped create it.

The funny part is the very first rendering I did is featured on HotRod Magazine's blog.

Rendering #1.

challenger-srt-2015-hellcat-challengertalk, Photo #88173 - Hot Rod Magazine Blog

Rendering #2.

Rendering #3 (latest).

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
6.2L Supercharged, 650-670 HP & TQ

·
Registered
185 Posts
Okay, but are you going to shell out $60K for a SRT Challenger then? That is my concern if they come out with a 550HP SRT Premium 392, that they'll tack on another 10-15K over the current SRT model. I mean, figure the new 2015 R/T 392 will be priced around the same as a Core 392 or with the scat pack appearance, you'll get up to $45K or so easily. So a 392 SRT has to go well over 50K then if they bump up the HP considerably. I'm not real thrilled with forking out too much more money than what I paid for in 2011 for my SRT. I'll be fine with a 392 R/T (minus the silly bee emblems) if the Premium SRT turns out to be too much money.
That is another reason why I don't think the 392 RT's loaded are gonna be over 42k. Because of the SRT Premium, I think the price on that will be about the same as the current SRT's. Personally, I think they should just throw everything they can in the 392 RT and in the Hellcat, a second SRT is unnecessary.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That is another reason why I don't think the 392 RT's loaded are gonna be over 42k. Because of the SRT Premium, I think the price on that will be about the same as the current SRT's. Personally, I think they should just throw everything they can in the 392 RT and in the Hellcat, a second SRT is unnecessary.

Unless they do what they did with the Jeep SRT. The good news is that SRT will no longer be a brand, and, instead will fall back into Dodge. Hopefully that will keep the price more reasonable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes those are 6 piston brembos, interesting that the standard non hellcat SRT in the picture also appears to have them, unless this silver car is some in between model, using some hellcat features but not the engine.

The car pictured in black is the hellcat, this silver one is "not quite" a hellcat...

The black car from the inside pics is the hellcat, which features a different rear spoiler as well as a different hood...
Look at this Hood a Little Closer:

The Hellcat has her own Hood... betcha' it has a clear opening to see the Supercharger.
:browsmiley:

The Silver Challenger... Scat Pack Mule.

·
Super Moderator
14,911 Posts
You may be right. The Hellcat hood looks like it has a clear panel to display the supercharger.

This reminds me of another limited production supercharged car, the ZL-1 Corvette.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
If the HellCat comes with a window in the hood and the Scat Pack comes with the Cuda AAR style hood then I would end up buying the HellCat and swapping the hood for the Scat Pack one. I want that hood so badly!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Look at this Hood a Little Closer:

The Hellcat has her own Hood... betcha' it has a clear opening to see the Supercharger.
:browsmiley:

The Silver Challenger... Scat Pack Mule.
Exactly what I was saying, different hood ;)

Silver car isn't a scat pack mule thought, it is an SRT

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Lisa, did you receive my PM I sent you?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Lisa, did you receive my PM I sent you?
This is Kris, I can check with her though, we are currently in the hospital, I am in the waiting room so checking emails/forums so it may be a but before she gets back to you.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Oh shit, dude don't worry about it then. I was just wondering. Get back to me when it's convenient

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Oh shit, dude don't worry about it then. I was just wondering. Get back to me when it's convenient
If you need something feel free to call the shop and the guys can help you

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I was just expressing interest in speedlogix making a 2015 SRT hood out of fiberglass and seeing if you guys were interested in doing it. If so, depending on the price I'm down.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts