Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
MuscleCarProf: That's a great find. Those rocker arm covers look pretty interesting, that's a very large intercooler, and the SC manifold is cool too.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Chevrolet allocated all 500 Z/28s and announced they will build 2500 units for 2015. That is a $75000 vehicle as well.
Lets see how those 2500 units sell at 75K each.................

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Geez, this is GM idiocy at its best.

The worst part is by doing this kind of stuff, not only will GM be damaging the desirability of Z/28, they could risk damaging the American pony car segment.

I guess they will latch on to any hint of success they can get, to make up for tepid Malibu and Silverado launches.

·
Super Moderator
15,768 Posts
Please tell me those HUGE suitcases aren't going in it as [email protected]!!
Those are the rear resonators...the "suitcase" was the former muffler that all the '05 - '10 automatics (5.7 or 6.1 engines) had. The suitcase was a large square shaped muffler.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dodge+charger+suitcase+muffler&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=b8tfU4OcG4K8yAHCrIHAAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1152&bih=769#facrc=_&imgdii=_7BbRym9KsGmiM:;eVaRi5xruGXN0M;_7BbRym9KsGmiM:&imgrc=_7BbRym9KsGmiM%3A;LGUDtYQcUiL47M;http%3A%2F%2Fi200.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa132%2Fsrt8-charger%2FIMG_1593.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.challengertalk.com%2Fforums%2Ff37%2Frt-factory-suitcase-muffler-48754%2F;1024;768

The '11+ automatics went to the individual round (mid) mufflers that were more similar to how the '09+ 6-speed manual cars (5.7/6.1/6.4) cars have for each bank.

All along, the rear resonators are on every V8 trim (and probably the same on the '11+ SXT models as well, when they went to dual exhuast).

The '09/'10 SE models had single exhaust, FYI.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those are the rear resonators...the "suitcase" was the former muffler that all the '05 - '10 automatics (5.7 or 6.1 engines) had. The suitcase was a large square shaped muffler.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dodge+charger+suitcase+muffler&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=b8tfU4OcG4K8yAHCrIHAAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1152&bih=769#facrc=_&imgdii=_7BbRym9KsGmiM:;eVaRi5xruGXN0M;_7BbRym9KsGmiM:&imgrc=_7BbRym9KsGmiM%3A;LGUDtYQcUiL47M;http%3A%2F%2Fi200.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa132%2Fsrt8-charger%2FIMG_1593.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.challengertalk.com%2Fforums%2Ff37%2Frt-factory-suitcase-muffler-48754%2F;1024;768

The '11+ automatics went to the individual round (mid) mufflers that were more similar to how the '09+ 6-speed manual cars (5.7/6.1/6.4) cars have for each bank.

All along, the rear resonators are on every V8 trim (and probably the same on the '11+ SXT models as well, when they went to dual exhuast).

The '09/'10 SE models had single exhaust, FYI.
I don't care what they call them, they are coming off before I'm even home ! In fact, they can keep them! That's an extra 50 pounds that won't be on my Challenger.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wish we could get more info about the Hellcat. I really hope Dodge does not produce such a limited number that they are all bought by Dealers and optioned to the max.

Hope to maybe order a B5 Blue, no sunroof, all standard options, Stripe Delete hellcat.

·
Super Moderator
15,768 Posts
Wish we could get more info about the Hellcat. I really hope Dodge does not produce such a limited number that they are all bought by Dealers and optioned to the max.

Hope to maybe order a B5 Blue, no sunroof, all standard options, Stripe Delete hellcat.
I highly doubt that would happen - with the exception of the Jeep GC SRT, the SRT 6.2 SC model will be one of the more expensive passenger car models with the Viper being the most expensive offered.

Most dealers will probably order one or two - they won't tie up their credit on slow moving floor stock...its probably anticipated that most owners will want to order the car to their specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 500 Z28's sold quickly because they were marketed to those planning on tracking the cars. The next 2,500 will not sell quickly at all. The number of people tracking the Z28's will have been taken care of with the initial build. The Hellcat won't be sold as a car to be tracked and I doubt there will be a huge demand especially in light of the enhanced SRT8. The new Mustang will be formidable in that they have already announced the GT is better in all aspects than the Boss 302. The upcoming GT 350/500 will be twin turbo so I'm afraid Dodge never gets to the top of the heap. Loved my SRT8 Charger and I still have my SRT8 Jeep but performance wise we always seem to be a half step behind while styling is always two steps ahead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 500 Z28's sold quickly because they were marketed to those planning on tracking the cars. The next 2,500 will not sell quickly at all. The number of people tracking the Z28's will have been taken care of with the initial build. The Hellcat won't be sold as a car to be tracked and I doubt there will be a huge demand especially in light of the enhanced SRT8. The new Mustang will be formidable in that they have already announced the GT is better in all aspects than the Boss 302. The upcoming GT 350/500 will be twin turbo so I'm afraid Dodge never gets to the top of the heap. Loved my SRT8 Charger and I still have my SRT8 Jeep but performance wise we always seem to be a half step behind while styling is always two steps ahead.
I'm not sure I agree. I think a lot of folks buy cars like the Z28 for reasons other than tracking them - nostalgia, collectors, and people who just want them for intangible reasons.
Many who buy GT3s never track them. I don't know percentages, but there are an awful lot of GT3s for sale that have never been tracked; I'd guess upwards of 50%. I think a lot of people like knowing they could take the car to the track if they wanted to, but in the end, not that many people want to start beating on these beautiful and expensive vehicles.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Z28 is bad-a$$, the GM folks really went out of their way to make a circuit performance racer. Living in Florida, I know I'd have a major problem within having no AC, that coupled with the fact that I can't drive a stick worth of crap. But that's just me. Given cornering Gs north of 1, I'd say they've got a pretty good machine there. Useless to me though since I need a daily driver and some functional back seats...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
For many of those 500 Z/28 buyers, it will only take a couple of weeks of that suspension and Fisher Price interior to get rid of it. That's when those looking for a track car will pick one up.

The thing is if, as reported, GM gets greedy and produces them beyond demand, it could kill the mystique, and the heavy discounting will ensue.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
For many of those 500 Z/28 buyers, it will only take a couple of weeks of that suspension and Fisher Price interior to get rid of it. That's when those looking for a track car will pick one up.

The thing is if, as reported, GM gets greedy and produces them beyond demand, it could kill the mystique, and the heavy discounting will ensue.
Mabye you should really read up on what the Z28 is for before you speak. Not many will drop $75 large for a car with no air. It's a TRACK car.

$75,000 gets you Chevy's fastest Camaro Z/28, but no air conditioning? - Los Angeles Times

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
My comment is focused on the Z/28, not GM. The Z/28, regardless of your opinion of me or GM, is a badass mofo, that did create it's own class. No Challenger will compete with that car on a track, simple as that. Could they build a car to compete with the Z/28, yes, will they, no. I won't argue with you any further than this.

The Hellcat is not supposed to compete with the Z/28. The Hellcat is a street car that can be driven daily. The Z/28 is a track car and will be brought out on weekends, if ever at all. No comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
101 - 119 of 119 Posts