Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 392 Scat Pak
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone straighten me out if I’m completely off base. I have CHALLENGER R/T scat Pak 2019 , when I start it up SRT pops up on screen , powered by SRT, I understand , I guess what is difference ??? Seem to have all opinions Sport, street ,Track ,launch guess I’m missing something.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,101 Posts
From what I understand it would normally do the Scat Pack Bee animation. BUT with something like a Tazer, it can be changed. Possibly that has been done? Or, it is something else, got me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know is broad as it is long I just don’t know difference between SRT and Scat Pak . Same engines same HP maybe package is different. Seems both have same opinions on the programming again just curious. Hey no matter it’s a beast either way holds its own for sure.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
you should be seeing this. (see pic)
if not, then someone has gone in and changed your splashscreen (via taser or similar)
normally the hack is done in order to load in & have the SRT performance pages, as a side effect, the SRT spalshscreen is also installed.
This "my scat pack is an SRT" stuff has been beat to death though....
Bottom line is, the two trim levels within the 6.4l powerplant offerings are/were very similar - but not the same - and could be optioned up or down to mimic one or the other. Adding to the confusion is the waterfall of parts installed by dodge, such as SRT engine covers on non SRT vin'd cars when the scatpack option was added to the dodge line up in 2015.
It doesnt matter what your splash screen says or whats embossed on your engine covers, the vin is the deciding factor and it will either have SRT trim level listed within it, or not.

hqdefault.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
if not, then someone has gone in and changed your splashscreen (via taser or similar)
normally the hack is done in order to load in & have the SRT performance pages, as a side effect, the SRT spalshscreen is also installed.
Bottom line is, the two trim levels within the 6.4l powerplant offerings are/were very similar - but not the same - and could be optioned up or down to mimic one or the other. Adding to the confusion is the waterfall of parts installed by dodge, such as SRT engine covers on non SRT vin'd cars when the scatpack option was added to the dodge line up in 2015.
It doesnt matter what your splash screen says or whats embossed on your engine covers, the vin is the deciding factor and it will either have SRT trim level listed within it, or not.
^ The SRT splash screen appears in the 20 SPs, not just the Super Bee (or is that the Rumble Bee or the Angry Bee hell I can't remember...) so I don't think anyone's altered the OP's vehicle.

As you mention the SP was SRT-developed so technically it is an SRT (debate anyone? lol)...but the marketing wizards only put the SRT tag on Hellcats+ starting in MY19 as others have mentioned.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
^ The SRT splash screen appears in the 20 SPs, not just the Super Bee (or is that the Rumble Bee or the Angry Bee hell I can't remember...) so I don't think anyone's altered the OP's vehicle.

As you mention the SP was SRT-developed so technically it is an SRT (debate anyone? lol)...but the marketing wizards only put the SRT tag on Hellcats+ starting in MY19 as others have mentioned.
...but he has a 2019 scat.
Im guessing someone 'tazed" it, or he has a very late 19 that got an early upgrade to the 2020 version.
who knows right. that's dodge for ya.

·
Registered
43 Posts
...but he has a 2019 scat.
Im guessing someone 'tazed" it, or he has a very late 19 that got an early upgrade to the 2020 version.
who knows right. that's dodge for ya.
Nope, I have an early 19 and have several screens to choose from including the HC SRT screen.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
The 2019 Scat Pack was the first Scat Pack to get the SRT drive modes, all of them had it.

Still does not make it an SRT but that's a whole 'nother story!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
The bee shows on the instrument panel. The "SRT" or "Powered by SRT" shows up on the UConnect screen, correct?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nope, I have an early 19 and have several screens to choose from including the HC SRT screen.
splash screen / evic at start up? OR on the uconnect?
I guess "pops up on screen" could be either, but the splash screen should not have SRT afaik.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
View attachment 986858 View attachment 986858
Hey Your absolutely right I have the scat Pak emblem on my splash screen on the Uconnect screen comes up SRT. I was wondering the difference between the R/T scat pK and SRT. Yes I just bought it late last month new even though this is 2020. 16 miles on it. A lot of great info Thanks I’m very happy with what I have I just didn’t know difference between the two

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You are very welcome!
If you get confused on all this, dont worry, you are not alone. Dodge has made a complete mess of trim levels going waaay waaay back. I believe however they are attempting to simplfy things finally, with the removal of the SRT package/trim designation from non-hellcat starting last year, least in the passenger car segment.
Your R/T scat is a potent machine by any measure, one of the last true muscle cars and one you should be very proud to own!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank all of you for the comments and help appreciate it. Buying this car was a long promise I made to myself when I went to Nam 71 said I get back going to get me a challenger . Well got back and life moved on. Lol no challenger sitting in driveway not till 48 yrs later . It’s here and growls LOVE IT. Thanks again sorry for life story .... but some dreams do become reality....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thank all of you for the comments and help appreciate it. Buying this car was a long promise I made to myself when I went to Nam 71 said I get back going to get me a challenger . Well got back and life moved on. Lol no challenger sitting in driveway not till 48 yrs later . It’s here and growls LOVE IT. Thanks again sorry for life story .... but some dreams do become reality....
No apologies needed - that sounds like an awesome & interesting story ! Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Someone straighten me out if I’m completely off base. I have CHALLENGER R/T scat Pak 2019 , when I start it up SRT pops up on screen , powered by SRT, I understand , I guess what is difference ??? Seem to have all opinions Sport, street ,Track ,launch guess I’m missing something.
Yes, you are missing a supercharger and over 200hp. Every SRT Challenger has over 700hp in 2019.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
643 Posts
What does your right dash air vent say?...What does your steering wheel say?...
srtvent.JPG
SRT wheel.JPG

1 - 20 of 33 Posts