Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,025 Posts
the '19s all the SRT Performance Pages on the 8.4" uConnect systems when its a Scat Pack or a R/T w/ Super Track Pack

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
SRT pages only on Scat Pack, 5.7L still has Dodge performance pages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Is it an SRT?

I'd ask, "Who cares one way or the other?"

It's not as if an SRT without the Hell Cat engine is anything "more"........ it's a just a different package and theme of what is basically the same car as any other car with the 392 engine.

Not sure why anyone cares one way or the other about this one. Dodge clearly doesn't think it's a distinction of any real significance......as indicated in the splash screen and the fact that the model was so thinly ordered and lacking in popularity that they just dropped it altogether last year.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Someone straighten me out if I’m completely off base. I have CHALLENGER R/T scat Pak 2019 , when I start it up SRT pops up on screen , powered by SRT, I understand , I guess what is difference ??? Seem to have all opinions Sport, street ,Track ,launch guess I’m missing something.
Your car IS NOT an SRT.

SRT is a trim package with standard items that are indeed different. All the big stuff in the drivetrain is the same between a Scat Pack and a 392 powered SRT but that doesn't make the model you have an SRT.

Kinda like my car isn't a Scat Pack or SRT........ despite all the stuff that is the same.

The trim and designation is TA. Again same motor and all the big stuff very similar to both of the other models but still not a Scat Pack and not an SRT.

I'm not sure why anyone cares though. All of these models are VERY MIDDLE of the pack MASSIVE mass production cars with plenty of value to offer but no real exclusivity, if that's what "bumps you"........you definitely bought the wrong car when you chose a Dodge Challenger.

You'll need to write much bigger checks next time for an exotic if you really want to go that silly road No Dodge in any trim level is exclusive. Dodge, like Chevy, Ford or even Toyota as an example of a foreign car maker are the value brands anyone can afford and you'll find no bragging rights to speak of.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just looked over my 2019 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker window sticker and SRT is mentioned 3 times.... where it says... Engine: 392 V8 SRT Hemi Engine, SRT Drive Modes, SRT Performance Pages. My start-up splash screen is not the Scat Pack Bee, it says SHAKER...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A
Just looked over my 2019 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker window sticker and SRT is mentioned 3 times.... where it says... Engine: 392 V8 SRT Hemi Engine, SRT Drive Modes, SRT Performance Pages. My start-up splash screen is not the Scat Pack Bee, it says SHAKER...
What I take from all that?...... along with the near insignificant sales?

SRT as a designation in the middle never really caught on.

It's near meaningless really given how it's a designation found in and on so very many different models of the car from any RT with a 392 to the Hell Cat/ Super Charged engine models

Probably goes a very long way to explaining why Dodge just ended it in 2019.

There always has really only been the NA version of the V8 cars and the Super Charged Versions.

RT and Hell Cat.......... it's all there is now......maybe all there ever should have been.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The big question is....would this be considered "Factory Upbadging"...
;):LOL::unsure:
It's a Dodge. It's not as if any factory badge makes it an exclusive model. I think that's why I love these threads they never fail to entertain. Some folks get all bent out of shape over the badges and designations as less than absolutely accurate and as delivered from the factory.

I think my favorite was the guy awhile back lamenting the idea of the Scat Packs getting the Hell Cat hood and wondering what it means for the value or status of his SRT....... hey, nothing has changed. In a late model Dodge Challenger we're ALL in the same boat. A mass produced car that is depreciating in value by the day.

My plan.....just drive it and enjoy it. For anyone else it's your car do what-ever you want. Up-badge, delete badges.......drag race it, daily commute or hell.......just video it going off a cliff........it's your car do as you please.

In the end who really cares? It's all so silly ....... none of these cars show much potential for collect-ability or future value beyond the fun you can have with 'em today.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6.4 WK
91 Posts
Someone straighten me out if I’m completely off base. I have CHALLENGER R/T scat Pak 2019 , when I start it up SRT pops up on screen , powered by SRT, I understand , I guess what is difference ??? Seem to have all opinions Sport, street ,Track ,launch guess I’m missing something.
I have a 2018 Scat Pack, and as a SP owner I will tell you no, you do not own an SRT. In 2019 the SRT Challenger/Charger is the Hellcat. But in general, the Scat Pack has never been an SRT vehicle, it is an R/T with SRT upgrades.

Be proud that you have an R/T, Scat Pack or not they are awesome cars.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6.4 WK
91 Posts
In the end who really cares? It's all so silly ....... none of these cars show much potential for collect-ability or future value beyond the fun you can have with 'em today.
I totally agree. I see there were some people who bought the first year of SRT8 for the sake of collecting and were trying to sell them at a premium year later with no success. Even the Hellcat's decline in value the second you drive off the lot. There are so many Challengers now. Dodge has done a great job selling the Challenger and Charger. There are literally hundreds of thousands on the road (counting from 2008/09-2019).

The only real collectable Challenger in the latest generation is the Demon IMO. Those will at the very least keep their value in the short term and probably go up in years to come. It's hard to find one for sale. And maybe the Red Eye, maybe not, too early to tell since they are still making them.

If you want something collectable in the $60K+ range I would go with one of the new mid engine Corvettes. You can scoff at Chevy changing the Vette to mid engine all you want, it's 10X the car it used to be, its super car status IMO. Disagree all you like but you cannot dispute the performance per dollar.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,368 Posts
I totally agree. I see there were some people who bought the first year of SRT8 for the sake of collecting and were trying to sell them at a premium year later with no success. Even the Hellcat's decline in value the second you drive off the lot. There are so many Challengers now. Dodge has done a great job selling the Challenger and Charger. There are literally hundreds of thousands on the road (counting from 2008/09-2019).

The only real collectable Challenger in the latest generation is the Demon IMO. Those will at the very least keep their value in the short term and probably go up in years to come. It's hard to find one for sale. And maybe the Red Eye, maybe not, too early to tell since they are still making them.

If you want something collectable in the $60K+ range I would go with one of the new mid engine Corvettes. You can scoff at Chevy changing the Vette to mid engine all you want, it's 10X the car it used to be, its super car status IMO. Disagree all you like but you cannot dispute the performance per dollar.
And the SRT8 Magnum in low miles seems to be quite valuable, but yeah, they all depreciate, because each year they keep getting better, so the new ones are more desirable.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
For all anyone knows......we could be right on the cusp of a total meltdown in the price of all cars and trucks as they are today.

A lot of change is coming over this next decade. I wouldn't make any serious bets on the future value of virtually any car right now.

The potential for total disruption of the auto industry concerning how cars are powered and the move in a direction of autonomous are all changing very quickly from the world of "what if that happens".......to...... "when will it be here".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Then there is this ad that popped up on my phone...?
I really don’t care what anyone does with their car - I really don’t - but isn’t this kind of the opposite of a “sleeper”? ??‍♂

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
What does your oil cap say?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
133 Posts
Congrats on your new Scat Pack. I just bought a 2019 as well with 7 Miles on it. 6 speed! Always wanted one.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 392 Scat Pak
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Your car IS NOT an SRT.

SRT is a trim package with standard items that are indeed different. All the big stuff in the drivetrain is the same between a Scat Pack and a 392 powered SRT but that doesn't make the model you have an SRT.

Kinda like my car isn't a Scat Pack or SRT........ despite all the stuff that is the same.

The trim and designation is TA. Again same motor and all the big stuff very similar to both of the other models but still not a Scat Pack and not an SRT.

I'm not sure why anyone cares though. All of these models are VERY MIDDLE of the pack MASSIVE mass production cars with plenty of value to offer but no real exclusivity, if that's what "bumps you"........you definitely bought the wrong car when you chose a Dodge Challenger.

You'll need to write much bigger checks next time for an exotic if you really want to go that silly road No Dodge in any trim level is exclusive. Dodge, like Chevy, Ford or even Toyota as an example of a foreign car maker are the value brands anyone can afford and you'll find no bragging rights to speak of.
Got it ,I’m very satisfied and happy with the Scat Pak or I wouldn’t have bought it. Just wondered the difference I just know when I start it up WOW GREAT SOUND , when I need the power it is there and more person can’t ask more than that!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That is a "Tribute", or a "Lie" (I've heard it both ways)
Another way to put it is pure silliness.

In world of street racing Hell Cats and Demons already solidly in the 10 and 11 second quarter mile club.......IMO, that big Cat on such a large section of the back end of your car is going to look awfully weak and terribly out of place on any Challenger or Charger that can't mange a sub 10 sec run in the 9s or faster.

You don't want a call out this big and brash if you can actually be beaten by any guy who drives to the track in street car he commutes to work in too. It only brands you as a delusional "fan boy"

21 - 40 of 41 Posts