Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 challenger scatpack Widebody
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys ever see the oil on sale or just get the oil change kit online?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
For the newer spec, the only thing (I have found) approaching a deal is a 6 pack on Amazon. I started with 2 six packs, then buy 1 more each oil change.

·
Registered
2021 challenger scatpack Widebody
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always buy Mobil 1 0W-40 for my 2009 SRT at Walmart. They have the best price. Also, Mobil often has rebates or promotions on its website.

I didn’t think the oil Walmart carried was approved for the 6.2 and 6.4 Srt models

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
Have bought this oil several times at various dealers. Get it at a discount. Around $6/quart vs. the approx. $10/quart list price.

When I have the oil changed at the Dodge dealership every time the oil has been discounted along with the filter. In one case with my Hellcat the dealer "comped" me the oil change, so the oil, filter and labor cost nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been wondering about this. I have used mobil 1 for 25 years and actually called them about this engine (6.4). They don't have an oil for us technically because of the added MS-12633 requirement from FCA. Given that I'm under warranty, I will be using the Mopar or the Pennzoil (same oil I believe). I saw a 6 pack of Pennzoil on Amazon for about $45. That's the best price I've seen. I can't believe how expensive this oil is.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,192 Posts
Doesn’t NAPA have somewhat good deals on the Pennzoil periodically?

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
I didn’t think the oil Walmart carried was approved for the 6.2 and 6.4 Srt models
They have oil that meets SN (half the spec) but unless they have that new Valvoline, none that meet MS-12633.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Great deal on the SRT filter on Amazon today:

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Dang good deal, if one does Amazon.

I don't and won't.

That said, I just picked up 4 from Landmark Dodge on eBay for $10 44 each.

Free shipping and boxed well, not sent in a padded envelope.
I use the Amazon Smile website, and have the % donated to my local Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation.
Makes me feel a LITTLE better about shopping there.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
any idea why it says it doesn't fit my charger? I have the 6.4L, so it should. I think that filter fits a lot of vehicles actually.
Amazon’s part fitment algorithms need to be discarded and coded new/started over from scratch. They are inaccurate so often I don’t even bother looking to see if it says the part fits, I already know it will say it won’t, regardless of the part or car.

Reactions: jeepcritter

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
I've been wondering about this. I have used mobil 1 for 25 years and actually called them about this engine (6.4). They don't have an oil for us technically because of the added MS-12633 requirement from FCA. Given that I'm under warranty, I will be using the Mopar or the Pennzoil (same oil I believe). I saw a 6 pack of Pennzoil on Amazon for about $45. That's the best price I've seen. I can't believe how expensive this oil is.
Have you checked the price of that oil at your local Dodge dealer parts department? I bought 8 quarts at one dealer for around $6/quart. Oil changes I have had done at various dealers in the SF Bay Area have had the oil supplied at around $6/quart.

And the two oil changes i have had for my Hellcat and Scat Pack here in Benton County AR the dealer charged me around $6/quart for the oil.

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
Agree, the list price on the Pennzoil is $8.10 per quart and many dealers will sell for cheaper or ask them for a discount. Even at list price it's still not a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts