Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept getting lifter noise on start ups after a week or so. Was doing the hold gas pedal & clutch thing and counting to 5 thing to pump up oil PSI, which helped, but still ticked sometimes. 1700 miles on oil & SRT oil filter. So I changed the oil filter only to a NAPA Gold 7899, kept the oil in it. Now.......NO lifter tick at all even after sitting for 11 days. I'll be honest, I cut open the SRT filter, good looking filter media but, to me, not very good ADV. Anybody else?

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I've not had any problem with the 041 filter used on all our SRTs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the black ADBV nitrile? ...and orange ADBV silicon? Silicon better? SRT filter was the black ADBV......Gold filter has orange ADBV. Right???

·
Registered
947 Posts
Wix is a great filter. One of the first ones to use check valve. NAPA and Carquest hi end filters are made by WIX. I used to have a display of a regular filter and a premium Carquest filter cut in half. It was pretty impressive. But with that being said I still use the SRT filters on my cars.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the black ADBV nitrile? ...and orange ADBV silicon? Silicon better? SRT filter was the black ADBV......Gold filter has orange ADBV. Right???
Looked on WIX filter site and the 7899 oil filter uses a silicon ADBV, which is orange. I don't know if there is a standard black is nitril and orange/red is silicon.>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts