Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody - Octane Red
10 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up. I just ordered three. Still at only 160 miles on the SP WB, but I'd like to go with these SRT filters beginning with the first oil change and onwards.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That is a great buy. They are basically giving them away at that price shipped.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
WOW, does not say it fits a 6.4. Only the 5.7 engines. I find that odd. Nor does rock auto list this filter

Wix XP is cheaper and just as good me thinks..............

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
5038041AA fits 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.4.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, does not say it fits a 6.4. Only the 5.7 engines. I find that odd. Nor does rock auto list this filter

Wix XP is cheaper and just as good me thinks..............
The filter fits the 5.7, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4 and 8.0 Mopar engines.

Item specifics
Condition:NewOE Spec or Performance/Custom:OE Spec
Model:All Models With 5.7L 6.1L 6.4LPlacement on Vehicle:Front
Fitment Type:Direct ReplacementOther Part Number:5038041AA
Warranty:2 YearManufacturer Part Number:5038041AA
Year:2008 2009 2010 2011 2012Brand:Mopar
Make:Jeep Dodge ChryslerUPC:Does not apply

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
5038041AA fits 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.4.
Oh I get it, just crazy how catalogs do not list it, like a TABU filter..............

made by wix also what i hear...................

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The SRT engineers worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the best filter features. Some fell out for various performance reasons but they ended up developing the current SRT filters with Wix, a mainstream manufacturer.

The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is the biggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens it allows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element in order to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters have a higher pressure differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to your engine, at cold starts and high demand, is clean.

The housing is also slightly thicker than many of the brands out there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick ones tested by the SRT engineers failed their development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The media used is one of the latest synthetics that allow for very fine filtration, more debris capacity, and much lower restriction than the standard Mopar filter and just about every other filter out there.

In addition to providing maximum protection for the street, the SRT filter is ideal for track use day where it will allow your engine to sustain proper oil pressures in extreme cornering conditions.

Originally designed for Viper applications, it fits the 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.4 Hemi engines (SRT filter # 05038041AA).

Here's a cutaway comparison of a standard 899 Mopar oil filter as compared to the SRT filter.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This particular filter is made in Poland. I have been running them exclusively for 11 years.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,901 Posts
Been using the SRT filter for almost 10 years now.

Used these on my previous 5.7 R/T and on my present 392.

I very seldom, actually it's rare, that I have any lifter "rattle" on start ups, even if the car has been parked for an extended period of time.

Oil PSI on the hiway is about 2 PSI higher too.

They are made by WIX Europe, and just are a top quality filter and never had any issues using them.

My second choice for a filter would be the WIX XP.

XP's are a quality filter too, but it's not the same element as the SRT unit.

In my area, the WIX XP's are generally only a couple of bucks cheaper.

For the small price difference, I'll stay with the SRT unit as long as it stays available, and is made by WIX.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! Just bought a couple!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Rockauto is $8.23 each, shipping kills it.

Ebay anything scares me, could be a fake filter all we know

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts