Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon - New to the Challenger Talk Site - New Challenger Owner. I have a question I am hoping one of you members can answer as it seems there is a enormous amount of knowledge floating around on this site. I recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Challenger with SRT/ Scat Pack Badging (Non-Shaker). I have the original sticker for the car and it starts as a Challenger R/T Scat Pack and the options go on from there. Started at a Base Price of $ 37,995 which seems normal. Total Price with all options ends at $ 48,355.00. Nowhere on the car is there an R/T Badge. The front grill has a factory SRT (red) badge and the Rear Spoiler has an SRT/ Scat Pack Emblem. Any idea if this could be an SRT/ Scat Pack or is it an R/T Scat Pack with no R/T Badging???? I am very curious to find this out.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Hood
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Welcome! OregonScat nailed it. Those badges were added later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a Scat Pack that someone changed the badges on.
All Scat Packs are R/T’s.

Excellent - Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
34 Posts
From the little research that I have conducted, being a challenger owner only since last Halloween. Scat Packs are an R/T Challenger powered by the SRT 392 engine, so the powered by SRT logo may be correct, which leads some to install all those SRT badges all over their vehicles. Maybe the grill had been replaced at some point due to damage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OregonScat - You seem to have a lot of knowledge on these cars. Do you think it possible that because my car is only 1 of 4 Redline R/T Scats Assembled in Brampton, Ontario Canada, that they may have had different Badging for this car? Just wondering. The steering wheel seems to be a little different than some I have seen also. (See attached).
Note: I have not been able to find the same badging or steering wheel inserts on any sites.

Thank you for reading/ helping - Greatly Appreciated
Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
OregonScat - You seem to have a lot of knowledge on these cars. Do you think it possible that because my car is only 1 of 4 Redline R/T Scats Assembled in Brampton, Ontario Canada, that they may have had different Badging for this car? Just wondering. The steering wheel seems to be a little different than some I have seen also. (See attached).
Note: I have not been able to find the same badging or steering wheel inserts on any sites.

How do you figure 1 of 4 in Redline Red? They actually built 487 in RR, 151 6-speeds and 336 automatics.

As far your other comments, there is no way Brampton made any of these mods, they were all done by the previous owner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new Scat Pack!

I agree with the others that the badges were changed.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Good Afternoon - New to the Challenger Talk Site - New Challenger Owner. I have a question I am hoping one of you members can answer as it seems there is a enormous amount of knowledge floating around on this site. I recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Challenger with SRT/ Scat Pack Badging (Non-Shaker). I have the original sticker for the car and it starts as a Challenger R/T Scat Pack and the options go on from there. Started at a Base Price of $ 37,995 which seems normal. Total Price with all options ends at $ 48,355.00. Nowhere on the car is there an R/T Badge. The front grill has a factory SRT (red) badge and the Rear Spoiler has an SRT/ Scat Pack Emblem. Any idea if this could be an SRT/ Scat Pack or is it an R/T Scat Pack with no R/T Badging???? I am very curious to find this out.
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama! Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The steering wheel seems to be a little different than some I have seen also. (See attached).

The steering wheel trim is a stick on available on Amazon, Etsy and few others.

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts

·
Registered
16,216 Posts

OK I looked at the chart again and guess you are in Canada as there were indeed only 4 Redline Red Scat Packs in 2016 built for Canada so congrats on that but still really doesn't change anything else. They just can't customize these cars on an assembly line, they use Upfitters for things like that and we know about all the cars that the Upfitter does and what they do, and this is just not something they would be ordered to do.

·
Super Moderator
15,445 Posts
When you buy a used car, you don't know what mods were performed by the previous owner.

If have spent about $2,500 in engine bay and interior mods on my 2009 SRT.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

I don’t know if I really know that much more than anyone else here unless it’s on the topic of collision repair (which also gives me some insight on part location and assembly and disassembly of body related components).

I do know that if your window says it’s a Scat Pack, it’s a Scat Pack.

You also have the wrong hood for an SRT.

like myself and others have mentioned, someone has just played with the badging on your car.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Build sheet on a special non standard car will have some unusual things on it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
That powered by SRT sticker is much newer than 2016, correct?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts