Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my GWE SRT today with stripe delete and an auto trans. The sales man said the car does not come with a spare tire or jack, not even a donut spare to limp home on? He said there is some repair kit the car comes with ( fix it flat )? Im driving this car back up to Alaska this Spring/Early summer and have to have a spare tire.
I asked about getting an extra rim that matches the GVE package with a tire, they said they couldnt look it up until the Vin is posted to make sure we the correct rim match? He also said the SRT does not come with a remote start and no optional engine block heater. Maybe I should of ordered RT?:scratchhead:

Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
659 Posts
All SRTs do not come with spares. I know it is an issue espacially if you are taking your ride for a trip and do not like to be stuck on the road waiting for a towing truck. Here what I did, I ordered the kit over ebay, it comes with 18" spare, jack, and spacers. basically the whole deal for $480 shipped. It is a little pricy but I want peace of mind.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,987 Posts
He is also correct about the block heater. If you live in anchorage it is nice to have but not a necessity but if you are Fairbanks or the interior you need it (and in fact would I recommend a battery heater and transmission heater) . Most service stations will add these and you can get it done on post if you are military or do it your self.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
No remote start on auto transmission? Is this true?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If you want a "full size" spare it will not fit in the lower trunk well. You will have to keep it in the main part of the trunk. It will take up most of the trunk. A brand new SRT wheel/sensor/tire will set you back about 1,500 bucks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Most likely the salesman is incorrect. I know mine's an '09, but I have remote start. It is not available on manual transmissions (for good reason if you leave it in gear) and the salesman was probably confused. I actually don't know of any SRT autos that don't come with remote start. If you SRT arrives without the option, I'm sure you can add it for not too much money.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Unless the window sticker you can print from Dodge is wrong mine has remote start listed. Mine hasn't come in yet to confirm.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everybody for your help. I will look up the spare tire kit on ebay, I read the the RT classic comes with a spare donut tire and its running 20 inch rims?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The difference you need to worry about between the R/Ts and SRTs is the Brembo brakes. I don't know that the donut tire will fit on the SRT. I'm sure there's some info about it somewhere on the forum.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SRT Spare tire

Thanks for the info, Sounds like I will end up buying a full size rim and tire for the Spare.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks for the info, Sounds like I will end up buying a full size rim and tire for the Spare.
Here are the picture from Charger forums about the spare tire.

It will fit nicely inside the hole in the trunk. A full tire will take all the truck space. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this the kit you ordered on ebay? If so, can you give me the link or name of company you got it from. It looks perfect for a spare considering the cost between the two choices. Thanks AK907

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I can see the spare.... but are you planning on driving it up there in the winter to need the block heater???
With all the snow and cold we've had in nothern Alberta along with the cold, I'm glad mine's parked till late March.
If you do drive it, there's a few more things you better consider. Steelies with Blizzas, Window down with the door opening freezing, little over 4" of spoiler cleance.

A winter beater will probably cost less...lol

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great info on spare tire kit and remote, The photos of the spare tire kit shows a spacer that is placed between the rotor and rim to get the clearance you need.
I have this spacer setup on my ATV and works great. It looks like a nice kit.
Thank you, GOTSRT for the link and photos

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great info on spare tire kit and remote, The photos of the spare tire kit shows a spacer that is placed between the rotor and rim to get the clearance you need.
I have this spacer setup on my ATV and works great. It looks like a nice kit.
Thank you, GOTSRT for the link and photos
You are welcome.

GOTSRT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts