Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts if any will swap to a 12 RT.
Ie.. sway bars, springs etc....looking for a list of upgrades using factory parts only. Ps my search didn't help.

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
the SRT parts will fit.

The item to check for on your '12 R/T is whether you have Super Track Pack option - if you have (yellow) Bilstein shocks.

If you do, that gained the SRT rear springs, shocks (front & rear) and larger rear sway bar.

The other items (Brembo brakes) would require the SRT knuckles - if you go that route, your R/T Classic wheels won't clear the Brembo brakes - the offsets are different.

If you're changing out the sway bars - you'll need the appropriate bushings that go with those parts.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I just turned 21K on it and was hoping to do a dealer upgrades to the STP. While the rear was out , good time to get the rear sway bar swapped out. I desire to stay factory as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,017 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just turned 21K on it and was hoping to do a dealer upgrades to the STP. While the rear was out , good time to get the rear sway bar swapped out. I desire to stay factory as much as possible.
If the dealership is going to do the STP upgrade on your car, that rear sway bar would be part of it. You wouldn’t need to ask them to install it and incur an extra expense, in other words, since it’s already on their to-do list for the STP upgrade.

Now if it were me, I would ask them to include the SRT front springs as part of that upgrade. They are already installing the struts up front, which requires removing and disassembling the strut springs, so why not reassemble with the SRT springs when they go to reinstall the strut.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm talking about, since it will be apart what's the best way to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts