Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a friend of mine offered me an exhaust / muffler system and suspension system from an SRT 2013. I have an RT +2014. I know his engine was a 6.1 and mine is a 57. Will have to make an adjustment to except the 3 inch exhaust. The car is my daily driver I don’t want to be too noisy and I live in New York so I have lots of potholes that I drive over with his suspension seems to be more firm than what I currently have. I’ve done a few mods on my car called coldair Front bar and a chip upgrade. If anyone can tell me the pros and cons whether it’s worth doing at appreciate it thank you

·
Registered
912 Posts
So it depends how much of the exhaust you are getting. If he is giving you everything after the headers including catylitic converters, then you will have a 0.5” discrepancy between your factory header collector and the 3” opening on the srt exhaust. Now ideally, you would want your header collector/exit to match the inner 3” diameter perfectly by getting new headers. Otherwise, a good exhaust shop could neck it down and make it work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
trippytro
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing