Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 20 WBSP. It says RT on front grille, says SRT on start up and engine covers....so what do I have?

·
Super Moderator
15,563 Posts
basically you have the performance items developed by SRT division. So your SP isn't a SRT model per se, but has the peformance items (Brembo Brakes, 392 engine, suspension (ADS Bilstein shocks, competition suspension, SRT Performance Pages).

a similar thing is taking place Mercedes Benz and BMW - there's the full on (Benz) AMG models and the M BMW ("Motorsport") models, but then also have the other models that have some of the performance division tweaks but not the full-on setup like the high-line models.

Anymore now the SRT models are the supercharged Hellcat and Redeye variants.

The Scat Pack harkens back to the old marketing in the 60s / 70s where those were the performance models with hi-po engines, suspensions and brakes offered.

When the '15s came out with the Scat Pack models, many were plastering SRT badges even though the similar SRT 392 models had items that weren't offered on Scat Pack models

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts
So I bought a 20 WBSP. It says RT on front grille, says SRT on start up and engine covers....so what do I have?
You have an awesome car, you get the power and save money from buying the SRT. I wanted a 6 speed RT Classic 8 years ago and no yellow ones were local in the tri state area so I had to spend an extra $14,000 for an SRT. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the Widebody Life from Kentucky - You have a nice car is what you have.

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts
Thank you all, this is my first true muscle car. Im excited and feel like a kid all over again. Im posting on several forums here to get advice on mods. Im excited!!
You’re on the best Challenger forum right here, the rest don’t get the traffic that this one does.
Where are all the pictures?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Letters, Letters, Letters and more Letters.

Is any other group in this world, beyond people in the world of cars, more concerned with anything so silly as a single Letter in a name vs not in a name plate.

Every car that leaves the Brampton Plant with this Body style is a Challenger.

Different engines and drive-trains to be sure. Then lot's of suspension, wheel and comfort/convenience options differ between 'em too.

Even when 10 cars lined up next to each other wear the SRT name plate they can be very different.

Same can be said of the various configurations of the RT.

Yet, should an automaker do what is done so often. "mix and match" parts associated with BOTH name plates in the same car and suddenly the world just about BLOWS UP and some folks just about lose their minds.

It's all so silly and really pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I think my favorite posts to date concerning the latest era of the Challenger concern the hand wringing of SRT 392 owners upset with the idea of the Scat Pack wearing a Hell Cat Hood replacing the the car in the over all line up and wondering what it means for their car's place in the "pecking order" .......as if there even ever was a "pecking order" at all anyway in what is a very mass produced car line that comes in at pricing anyone with at least a job and decent credit rating can easily buy.

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
basically you have the performance items developed by SRT division. So your SP isn't a SRT model per se, but has the peformance items (Brembo Brakes, 392 engine, suspension (ADS Bilstein shocks, competition suspension, SRT Performance Pages).

a similar thing is taking place Mercedes Benz and BMW - there's the full on (Benz) AMG models and the M BMW ("Motorsport") models, but then also have the other models that have some of the performance division tweaks but not the full-on setup like the high-line models.

Anymore now the SRT models are the supercharged Hellcat and Redeye variants.

The Scat Pack harkens back to the old marketing in the 60s / 70s where those were the performance models with hi-po engines, suspensions and brakes offered.

When the '15s came out with the Scat Pack models, many were plastering SRT badges even though the similar SRT 392 models had items that weren't offered on Scat Pack models
Thanks for the info Hal.... I have a 19 SP. Mine came with the dynamic package so one could also say that I have the hellcat brakes and wheels right? Also the 19’s have the old hellcat hood. I don’t have the WB but the SP is chock full of what I need, thats a great value IMHO. 😎

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
531 Posts
View attachment 993424 View attachment 993425
Yeah I meant diffent threads to do different things to the car... Made my first mistake today. Received the box with subs and it was too big...

Great looking car. Welcome to the Brotherhood of Muscle.

Get that long banana off of the splitter before it scratches it. It is intended for shipping only ... not daily driving.

Reactions: WBScatPack19
1 - 20 of 34 Posts