Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
196 Posts
Yeah I meant diffent threads to do different things to the car... Made my first mistake today. Received the box with subs and it was too big...
Nice car and welcome to the WB challenger club, should have selected the Kardon Harman sound option and you wouldn't need a sub box for the truck ;)

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
224 Posts
So I bought a 20 WBSP. It says RT on front grille, says SRT on start up and engine covers....so what do I have?
The answer is simple: You have an R/T Scat Pack Wide Body, nothing more, nothing less.

Referred to as the "Scat Pack" (Wide Body Scat Pack in your case), it is powered by an SRT 6.4l engine and you have the dynamic suspension, which is also SRT engineered I believe. The Dynamic Suspension is the reason for the SRT start up graphics. The rest of your car is an R/T for all intents and purposes).

The reason for all the hub-bub is because for a while there were a few people who had Scat Packs who insisted it was an SRT, which it is not. They said since it had an SRT engine it was the SRT car, pride and arrogance were getting the best of them and they wanted something they didn't have. Starting in 2015 the SRT car is the Hellcat, Redeye, or Demon only. Just like the T/A is not a Scat Pack, the Scat Pack is not an SRT.

Regardless, you have one bad @$$ car. Be proud of your Scat Pack.

I love my Scat Pack, narrow body but still just as cool. I upgraded wheels and tire width so I have 275/40x20 on the front and 315/35x20 on the back. The Stock 245s are a joke, dangerous as well IMO. I think the main best reason to buy a WBSP is for the wider rear tires. There are other reasons too, but the 305s is a huge upgrade.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry, missed one, there was an SRT 392, which was similar to the Scat Pack, and it was a true SRT (not a SP). They did not come in a WB though. Now discontinued, they made the Challenger SRT 392 from 2015-2018 I believe (prior to that it was the called SRT8 with the 6.4l engine, having 15hp less). I think they still make the Charger SRT 392, don't quote me on that.

Until you spend a lot of time researching the different trims and years, it can be confusing (it changes slightly almost every year). There is a good chance I have some details wrong despite a lot of research learning the different Challenger/Charger trims. In short, your car is what the window sticker says it is (99% of the time anyway, they do make mistakes).

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,767 Posts
What is the official model of those? Like mine is one of the longest car model names out there. It is officially a "Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack SHAKER" I think only the 392 SHAKER cars have HEMI in the actual model name.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
24 Posts
What is the official model of those? Like mine is one of the longest car model names out there. It is officially a "Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack SHAKER" I think only the 392 SHAKER cars have HEMI in the actual model name.
Looks like you have me beat by 1 word. You just ruined my day!

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
The answer is simple: You have an R/T Scat Pack Wide Body, nothing more, nothing less.

Referred to as the "Scat Pack" (Wide Body Scat Pack in your case), it is powered by an SRT 6.4l engine and you have the dynamic suspension, which is also SRT engineered I believe. The Dynamic Suspension is the reason for the SRT start up graphics. The rest of your car is an R/T for all intents and purposes).

The reason for all the hub-bub is because for a while there were a few people who had Scat Packs who insisted it was an SRT, which it is not. They said since it had an SRT engine it was the SRT car, pride and arrogance were getting the best of them and they wanted something they didn't have. Starting in 2015 the SRT car is the Hellcat, Redeye, or Demon only. Just like the T/A is not a Scat Pack, the Scat Pack is not an SRT.

I love my Scat Pack, narrow body but still just as cool. I upgraded wheels and tire width so I have 275/40x20 on the front and 315/35x20 on the back. The Stock 245s are a joke, dangerous as well IMO. I think the main best reason to buy a WBSP is for the wider rear tires. There are other reasons too, but the 305s is a huge upgrade.

A big part of the hub-bub were dented egos from folks who couldn't handle the fact that FCA went to the parts bin, and put an SRT drive line in an RT.

They lost their dear to them " exclusivity" of the SRT performance image.

Go figure, FCA recreated a low cost performance Dodge!

That's a concecpt that's never been done before. Lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
A big part of the hub-bub were dented egos....

They lost their dear to them " exclusivity" of the SRT performance image.
This part is true.

FCA went to the parts bin, and put an SRT drive line in an RT.
This part is not 100% true. The Scat Pack has a number of upgrades made specific for the SP that the R/T and SRT don't: Bilstein shocks & springs, 4 piston race calipers (you can change the pads without removing the caliper), WR2 light weight wheels. If I recall, they are SRT parts, but they were made specific for the Scat Pack. Now you can get the SRT adaptive dampening and the 6 piston calipers as an option (standard on the WB). Originally Bilstein & the 4 pistons were the only option, they were and are SRT parts that are exclisive to the Scat Pack. But Dodge keeps changing things so I wouldn't be surprised if they make them an option on the 5.7 R/T next year, lol.

Also, the only part of the drive train that is SRT is the engine. The tranny, axles and diff. are all the same as the R/T.

Not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying some things.

I am proud of the fact that my car is an RT with some SRT upgrades. It's like an R/T on steroids. The Scat Pack is a [email protected]$$ car in any iteration. Even the 5.7l RT is an awesome car.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
This part is true.

This part is not 100% true. The Scat Pack has a number of upgrades made specific for the SP that the R/T and SRT don't: Bilstein shocks & springs, 4 piston race calipers (you can change the pads without removing the caliper), WR2 light weight wheels. If I recall, they are SRT parts, but they were made specific for the Scat Pack. Now you can get the SRT adaptive dampening and the 6 piston calipers as an option (standard on the WB). Originally Bilstein & the 4 pistons were the only option, they were and are SRT parts that are exclisive to the Scat Pack. But Dodge keeps changing things so I wouldn't be surprised if they make them an option on the 5.7 R/T next year, lol.

Also, the only part of the drive train that is SRT is the engine. The tranny, axles and diff. are all the same as the R/T.

Not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying some things.

I am proud of the fact that my car is an RT with some SRT upgrades. It's like an R/T on steroids. The Scat Pack is a [email protected]$$ car in any iteration. Even the 5.7l RT is an awesome car.

FYI, the Brembo brakes and suspension components were on SRT's before the SP, so FCA did go to the parts bin.

Trannies have been the same too, and not sure when FCA changed to the larger rear axle shafts.

Not arguing either, but the SP had nothing special about it. RT trim, SRT parts from the bin, and priced right.

Love mine too.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
216 Posts
All these words lol. Crazy how long the official Challenger names are. Then there's the 1320. A package option added on to the R/T Scat Pack. I don't have mine yet to verify, but from Window Stickers I've seen online of the 2019's they're displayed as simply "Dodge Challenger 1320". I like it being shorter like that if that's the case

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,767 Posts
All these words lol. Crazy how long the official Challenger names are. Then there's the 1320. A package option added on to the R/T Scat Pack. I don't have mine yet to verify, but from Window Stickers I've seen online of the 2019's they're displayed as simply "Dodge Challenger 1320". I like it being shorter like that if that's the case
I still like how mine is the only car with HEMI in the actual model name.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
361 Posts

Well since you are being so technical,.....you don't have a "narrow" body. It's a regular body without the ugly fender flares.

Imo the lil devil's flares look much better and would look great on yours with those 315's on the back.

Reactions: GoFastBrakeHard
21 - 34 of 34 Posts