Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
In the history of cars has there even been a coupe that has had fewer upgrades and more sticker packages than the Challenger all the while selling more every single year since it's inception.

Hopefully Chrysler does get it in gear and actually improves the breed of this seemingly teflon goose.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
That will be a must have $1700.00 option. Not for me!

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
The black mirrors look wrong.

·
Registered
456 Posts
so....fuel door, grill surround and a few interior pieces are now dark... I did all that for a lot less. My mirrors were already black! Guess its nice for those that don't want to mod. A little on the expensive side me thinks. Wheels gotta be blowing that up. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
As much as I like the black chrome look, I was shocked how EASILY that "vapor" coating the SRT wheels gets damaged.

My 2012 300 SRT got a flat tire once. I removed the flat tire and made the mistake of lying it flat on the floor. When I mounted the wheel back on, I noticed just the weight pressing the wheel onto the pavement surface was sufficient to scrape the black chrome off the rim lip.

Needless to say I was pretty p*ssed!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
As much as I like the black chrome look, I was shocked how EASILY that "vapor" coating the SRT wheels gets damaged.

My 2012 300 SRT got a flat tire once. I removed the flat tire and made the mistake of lying it flat on the floor. When I mounted the wheel back on, I noticed just the weight pressing the wheel onto the pavement surface was sufficient to scrape the black chrome off the rim lip.

Needless to say I was pretty p*ssed!
Ain't that the truth, love my rims but already have a few chips from just driving, they show up "white" in color so they stand out. Not like old school whereas if you get a small chip it still the same color and do not stand out as much.

As for the $1700 option, I just keep thinking what I could do with that money rather than what they did.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
There is a member here who sold his vapor rims and shipped them in wheel boxes, the buyer opened the boxes and saw the finish was ruined on all the wheels from just the slight movement while being transported. Both the buyer and seller were understandably upset as both lost a set of wheels that were blemish free prior to shipping.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Vapor wheels do damage easily, some minor scratching is automatic & I curbed one rear on a log which bit the lip & finish.

Yes, a log... don't ask.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Well that's too bad about the scratching cause I like the way the wheels look. Resumespeed said base price of the SVE would be $42,485 which puts it on the lower side between price of Core and SRT8, sounds like a fair price with the new leather interior but guess still no foglights standard. Whoever wants an non-Vapor SRT better order or find one now, after the end of this month no more orders for Core or SRT8 for 2014, will be Vapor Edition only.

$40,485 - Core
$42,485 - SVE
$45,685 - SRT8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There are SO many things that could have done for the Challenger:

Squeezed out a little more power out of the 5.7L, or perhaps more importantly, given it an interior dash overhaul, a 'la Charger -but- not a chance. This "Vapor" baloney is just that; a couple of "oh, by the way," questionable color/texture changes for the better part of $2K - It's "Vapor" to be sure !!

I love the Challenger, or I wouldn't own one -but- I often am mystified by what Chrysler/Dodge does with regard to re-energizing their loyal following......not too mention, new, potential customers looking for something "solid" (other than vapor, that is) so as to choose the Challenger over the competition !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I'd cut them some slack. Dodge is reportedly working on an uber Challenger.

Meanwhile, sales are humming along nicely, especially for a 2-door, and especially for a Dodge.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
I wonder if the black vapor chrome wheels might be jumping the shark?
They're the same wheels that have been optional since the '13 SRTs came out:

Here's a '13 I posted when the first ones (Black Chrome Vapor wheels) turned up in my area:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts