Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance, but I haven’t followed this. That said, is my 2018 the last of the “SRT” model?

What’s the difference between the SRT and the Scat Pack?

Thx

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts

A Guy Lol

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
What’s the difference between the SRT and the Scat Pack?

Thx
It was mainly interior stuff and the SRT had a different hood with the twin stripes available. Also back then only the SRT had the adjustable suspension, from 2019 that is available on Scat Pack and standard on Scat Pack Widebody. The SRT 392 had the brakes, suspension and SRT performance pages of the Hellcat but with a 392 and the Scat Pack was behind in these areas back then, now a Scat Pack is about the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've only become a MOPAR fanatic in the last year (currently I drive a Camry; hopefully, that will change soon).
I've noticed that Dodge has "overlapping" trim labels- an R/T can be both a 5/7 or 6.4- good grief can they just choose one but not the other? It makes it confusing. So from my understanding, an SRT is the same thing as today's Scat Pack, but with upgraded tires, seats, and suspension. A modern equivalent of the SRT would be something more akin (closer) to a Dynamics or T/A package? So basically, an SRT is an upgraded (but older) "Scat Pack" but without the angry bee logo.👀🐝

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,429 Posts
I've only become a MOPAR fanatic in the last year (currently I drive a Camry; hopefully, that will change soon).
I've noticed that Dodge has "overlapping" trim labels- an R/T can be both a 5/7 or 6.4- good grief can they just choose one but not the other? It makes it confusing. So from my understanding, an SRT is the same thing as today's Scat Pack, but with upgraded tires, seats, and suspension. A modern equivalent of the SRT would be something more akin (closer) to a Dynamics or T/A package? So basically, an SRT is an upgraded (but older) "Scat Pack" but without the angry bee logo.👀🐝
Yes, no, and maybe, then add in the 2015 SXT with R/T package I just found out about, friggin' weird.
And to me the one thing that was truly SRT is also gone, the SRT Driving Experience. That is gone totally.
A current Scat Pack with Dynamics and Adaptive Suspension is effectively the same as a 2015-2018 6.4 SRT8.
You can even get the flat bottom steering wheel in a Scat Pack. And just like the old R/T there are engine choices, and back then the base engine wasn't included. And with R/T vs R/T Scat Pack, unless you see an emblem, you can't tell which it is. And with the SHAKER not available on a "normal" SRT8 but on R/T and R/T Scat Pack, (and technically on SXT with R/T package ;-) )
The main point we should all work from is this
Every year, they get better, with more options, the grouping and names on them change around, but really not much means anything.
This is all excluding the Hellcat/Redeye/Demon as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also noticed that the 5.7 also had a Shaker option, which just says "SHAKER":unsure:,as if one can't figure it out for themselves. Unless you get the Petty version, which has "SUPERCHARGED"- I like that better.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
So... 2015 is when they introduced the Scat Pack, then as now, a R/T trim. I wonder if they weren't thinking that the SXT would add the 5.7L option, and the R/T would become 6.4L only?

Either that or they were thinking of an actual 5.7L option for the SXT (R/T package)

No matter what they were thinking, they changed their minds :)

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts